Phone: (956) 665-7483
Dr. Zhaosheng Feng
I am a Professor in School of Mathematical and Statistical Sciences of the University of Texas-Rio Grande Valley since 2004.
Areas of Expertise
- My research interests lie in analysis on differential equations (odes and pdes), dynamical systems, computational methods, mathematical physics and mathematical biology.
- PhD, Mathematics, Texas A&M University - College Station, 2004
- Y.H. Su and Zhaosheng Feng. A non-autonomous hamiltonian system on time scales. Nonlinear Analysis (TMA), 75, 2012: 4126-4136.
- L.N. Qian, Q.S. Lu, and Zhaosheng Feng. Dynamics of a prey-dependent digestive model with state-dependent impulsive control. International Journal of Bifurcation and Chaos, 22, 2012.
- Y.H. Su and Zhaosheng Feng. Existence of pseudo-symmetric solutions to a p-Laplacian four-point BVPS involving derivatives on time scales. Differential and Integral Equations, 25, 2012: 441-466.
- Zhaosheng Feng and Y.H. Su. Existence theory for an arbitrary order fractional differential equation with deviating argument. Acta Applicandae Mathematicae, 118, 2012: 81-105.
- S. Zheng and Zhaosheng Feng. Green functions for a class of nonlinear degenerate operators with the X-elliptic condition. Transactions of the American Mathematical Society, 364, 2012: 3627-3655.
- Zhaosheng Feng, J. Tian, S. Zheng, and H. Lu. "Lie symmetries of the Burgers-Huxley equation," IMA Journal of Applied Mathematics 77, (2012): 316-325.
- S. Zheng, X. Zheng, and Zhaosheng Feng. An optimal regularity for A-harmonic type equations under the natural growth. Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems (Series B), 16, 2011: 669-685.
- Zhaosheng Feng, G. Gao, and J. Cui. Duffing-van der Pol-type oscillator systems and its first integrals. Communications on Pure and Applied Analysis, 10, 2011: 1377-1400.
- S.Q. Ma and Zhaosheng Feng. Fold-Hopf bifurcations of the Rose-Hindmarsh model with time delay. International Journal of Bifurcation and Chaos, 21, 2011: 437-452.
- Zhaosheng Feng and J.Y. Wang. A nonautonomous competitive system with stage structure and distributed delays. Proceedings of the Royal Society of Edinburgh-Section A, 140A, 2010: 1061-1080.
Selected Grants and Fellowships
- Zhaosheng Feng. Dynamical properties of Dung-van der Pol-type oscillator systems, UTRGV FRC 2016, renew to AY 2016-2017, $5,000.00 ( )
- Yongxin Jiang. Lyapunov functions for general nonuniform trichotomy with dierent growth rate, NSF of China, $40,000.00 (January 2015 - January 2018)
- Linping Peng. Qualitative analysis and bifurcation theory of piecewise smooth dynamical systems, NSF of China, $83,333.00 (January 2014 - January 2017)
- Zhaosheng Feng. Dynamical Systems and Differential Equations, and Applications in Engineering, National Science Foundation DMS-1204497, $25,000.00 ( 2012)
- Zhaosheng Feng. Nonlinear Differential Equations, Dynamical Systems and Applications in Mathematical Biology, TUTE Research Grant 2006518, $18,750.00 (2006 - 2009)
- Zhaosheng Feng. Modeling and Analysis in Insect and Animal Dispersal, UTPA Faculty Research Council Grant 119100, $16,710.00 (2005 - 2009)
- Zhaosheng Feng. Nonlinear Oscillator Systems, UTPA URI Award, $10,000.00 (2007 - 2008)
- Zhaosheng Feng. Primal-Dual Method and Algorithm for Large Scale Computations with Applications in Engineering Mechanics, National Science Foundation Grant CCF-0514768, $180,000.00 (2005 - 2008)
- Zhaosheng Feng. "Degenerate reaction-diusion systems and their symmetries," University of Science and Technology, Hefei, China (June 2012)
- Zhaosheng Feng. "Wave solutions for lattice dierential equations with Delay," International Sym-posium On Delay Dierential Equations, Hunan University, Changsha, China (June 2012)
- Zhaosheng Feng. "Reaction-diusion systems and their applications," Tianjin University, Tianjin, China (June 2012)
- Zhaosheng Feng. "A class of degenerate reaction-diusion systems and their applications," Beijing University of Astronautics and Aeronautics, Beijing, China (May 2012)
- Zhaosheng Feng. "Lie symmetries to parabolic systems," 118th Annual Meeting of the American, Boston, MA, (January 2012)
- Zhaosheng Feng. "First integral of Dung-van der Pol oscillator system," 9th AIMS Conference on Dynamical Systems, Orlando, Florida (January 2012)
- Zhaosheng Feng. "Chaotic oscillations with the van der Pol-type control," Southeast University, Nanjing (December 2011)
- Zhaosheng Feng. "Proper Solutions to the Burgers-Huxley Equations," SIAM Conference on Analysis of Partial Dierential Equations , San Diego, California (November 2011)
- Zhaosheng Feng. "Bifurcation and proper solution of a parabolic system," Ninth Jornades D'Interacci, Barcelona, Spain (June 2011)
- Zhaosheng Feng. "Bifurcation and oscillatory theory of Dung-van der Pol-type oscillator systems," USA-NSF Conference on Mathematics, University of Nevada, Las Vegas (December 2010)
- MATH 2318 01 - Linear Algebra:
- Course Evaluations
- MATH 3341 05 - Diff Equations:
- Course Evaluations
SUMMER II 2018
SUMMER II 2017