Phone: (956) 882-7320
Dr. Ying Jia
Areas of Expertise
- Animal Venomics
- Plant Molecular Genetics
- PhD, Crop Genetics and Breeding, Nanjing Agriculture University, 1999
- Ying Jia, Boris Ermolinsky, Aryana Garza, and Daniele Provenzano. "Phospholipase A2 n the venom of three cottonmouth snakes," Toxicon 135, (2017): 84-92.
- Suntravat, M., Jia, Y., Lucena, S. et al., "cDNA cloning and a snake venom metalloproteinase from eastern diamondback rattlesnake (Crotalus adamanteus), and expression of its disintegrin domain with anti-platelet effects," Toxicon 64, (2013): 43-54.
- Chao, WS., Serpe, M., Suttle, JC., and Jia Y. "Increase in ACC oxidase levels and activities during paradormancy release of leafy spurge (Euphorbia esula) buds," Planta 238, (2013): 205-215.
- Yin, CH., Jia, Y., and Garcia, CA. "A novel method for the purification of low soluble recombinant C-type lectin proteins," Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications 425, (2012): 636-641.
- Lucena SE., Jia Y., and Soto JC. et al. "Anti-invasive and anti-adhesive activities of a recombinant disintegrin, r-viridistatin 2, derived from the Prairie rattlesnake (Crotalus viridis viridis)," Toxicon 60, (2012): 31-39.
- Jia, Y., Anderson, JV., and Chao WS. "Autophosphorylation is crucial CDK-activating kinase (EE; CDKF; 1) activity and complex formation in leafy spurge (Euphorbia esula L)," Plant Science 180, (2011): 259-267.
- Sukkapan, P., Jia, Y., and Nuchprayoon, I. et al. "Phylogentic analysis of serine proteases from Russell's viper (Daboia russelli siamensis) and Agkistrodon piscivorus leucostoma venom," Toxicon 58, (2011): 168-178.
- Jia Y. and Perez, JC. "Molecular cloning and characterization of cDNAs encoding metalloproteinase from snake venom glands," Toxicon 55, (2010): 452-469.
- Jia Y., Lucena, S., and Cantu, JR. et al. "cDNA cloning, expression and fibrin(ogen)olytic activity of two low-molecular weight snake venom metalloproteinases," Toxicon 54, (2009): 233-243.
- Jia Y. and Perez, JC. "Recombinant expression and affinity purification of snake venom gland parvalbumin in Escherichia coli," Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology 153, (2009): 303-308.
Selected Grants and Fellowships
- Ying Jia. Screening Snake venoms for Antibacterial, UTRGV, $1,000.00 (May 2016 - August 2016)
- Ying Jia. Identifying Snake Venom Components for Inhibition of Cancer Tumor Growth, TAMUK, $10,000.00 (2011 - 2012)
- Ying Jia. Expression, purification and anticancer effects of venom recombinant proteins, TAMUK, $1,000.00 (2010 - 2011)
- Ying Jia. The anticoagulant mechanism of snake venom phospholipase A2 enzyme, TAMUK, $10,000.00 (2010 - 2011)
- Joshua Balladares and Ying Jia. "Phospholipase A2 in Cottonmouth Snake Venoms," College of Sciences, Spring 2017, Edinburg, TX (2017)
- Aryana Garza, Joshua Balladares, and Ying Jia. "Screening Snake Venoms for antibacterial," High School Scholar Project, COS, UTRGV, Brownsville (May 2016)
- Ying Jia, Yin ChunHui, and John Perez. "Synergistic anticoagulation of Snake Venom PLA2 and Metalloproteinase III," 17 th world congress of the international society on toxinology, Honolulu, HI (2012)
- Ross Chaves and Ying Jia. "Production and Characterization of snake venom disintegrin," 17th Annual Ronald E. McNair Scholars Program Presentation, Kingsville, TX (2012)
- Barret Henriquez, Ying Jia, Ambrose Anoruo, and John Perez. "Snake Venom PLA2 Interacting with Disintegrin-like Domain of Metalloproteinase," Sixth Annual TAMUS Pathways Research Symposium, College Station, TX (2011)
- Andriah Scott, Ying Jia, and John Perez. "Isolation and structure analysis of snake venom PLA2 ," Texas A&M University- Commerce, Commerce, Canyon, Tx (2010)
- Wun Chao, Serpe M., and Ying Jia. "Autophosphorylation and kinase activity of a CDK-activating kinase (CAK1Ee) from Leafy spurge (Euphorbia esula)," International Plant Molecular Biology Congress, Boston, USA (2006)
- Ying Jia, JV Anderson, DP Horvath, and Wun Chao. "Identification of differentially-expressed genes in dormant and growth buds of Leafy spurge(Euphorbia esula L.)," International Plant Molecular Biology Congress, Seattle, USA (2005)
SUMMER I 2018
SUMMER I 2017
SUMMER I 2016