Phone: (956) 665-3387
Dr. Wanrong Hou
Areas of Expertise
- Corporate Governance, Executive Compensation
- PhD, Management Science, University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee, 2012
- Wanrong Hou, Richard Priem, and Maria Goranova. "Does One Size Fit All? Investigating Pay–Future Performance Relationships Over the “Seasons” of CEO Tenure," Journal of Management 43, no. 3 (March 2017): 864– 891, (Impact factor: 7.7).
- Bin Wang, Babajide Osatuyi, and Wanrong Hou. "Effects of Donor- and Supporter-Based Campaign Networks on Crowdfunding Campaign Success," Kauai, HI: Proceedings of the 50th Annual Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, January (1st Quarter/Winter) 2017.
- Yue Xi, Jaejin Jang, Douglas Friedman, and Wanrong Hou. "A tardiness-concerned constructive method for the identical parallel machine scheduling," The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology 79, no. 5-8 (February 2015): 851–862, (Impact factor: 2.2).
- Wanrong Hou, Sali Li, and Richard Priem. "How do CEOs matter? The moderating effects of CEO compensation and tenure on equity ownership in international joint ventures," Journal of International Management 19, no. 2 (June 2013): 138-151, (impact factor: 3.2).
- Ruben Ceballos, Wanrong Hou, Edward Levitas, and Sherrell Price. "The product, the mind and the heart of crowdfunding: The effect of signals on technology projects. ," InderScience: International Journal of Services and Standards .
- Ravi Bala and Wanrong Hou. "Toward A Typology of Incumbent Response to Disruptive Business Model Innovations," 77th Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management, Academy of Management, Atlanta, GA (August 2017)
- Wanrong Hou and Steve Lovett. "Stock-Based Incentives and CEO Tenure: Their Effects on Risk-Taking and Performance Extremeness," 2017 Academy of Management Annual Meeting, Academy of Management, Atlanta (August 2017)
- Bin Wang, Babajide Osatuyi, and Wanrong Hou. "Effects of Donor- and Supporter-Based Campaign Networks on Crowdfunding Campaign Success," Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences HICSS-50, Shidler College of Business, University of Hawai'i at Manoa, 2404 Maile Way, D-307 Honolulu, Hawaii 96822 (September 2016)
- Ruben Ceballos and Wanrong Hou. "The product, the mind and the heart of crowdfunding:The effect of signals on technology projects," The 76th Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management , Academy of Management, Anaheim (August 2016)
- Shouming Chen, Arpita Joardar, Wanrong Hou, and Sibin Wu. "Emerging Differently: Empirical Examination of Entrepreneurial Optimism and Performance in Developing Countries," The 2016 Academy of International Business Annual Meeting, Academy of International Business, New Orleans (June 2016)
- Guangliang Ye, Miaojie Yu, Wanrong Hou, and Richard Priem. "The Attention-based View or Balancing Exploitation and Exploration? A Comparative Test," SMS 35th Annual International Conference, Strategic Management Society, Chicago (October 2015)
- Wanrong Hou, Sali Li, Jianfeng Wu, and Yonggui Wang. "CEO Duality in IPO Firms in China: the Reconciliation of Agency Theory and Stewardship Theory," The 2014 Academy of International Business Annual Meeting, Academy of International Business, Vancouver, Canada (March 2014)
- Wanrong Hou, Sali Li, and Jianfeng Wu. "CEO Duality and the Board in IPO Firms: An Empirical Investigation on IPO Performance in China," 2014 International Association for Chinese Management Research Annual Meeting, The International Association for Chinese Management Research, Beijing, China (February 2014)
- Wanrong Hou. "Gains or Losses: The Effects of Restricted Stock and Stock Options on Firm Performance Extremeness," The 2013 Southern Management Association Meeting, Southern Management Association, New Orleans, Louisiana, French Quarter (November 2013)
- Wanrong Hou, Maria Goranova, and Richard Priem. "CEO Risk-taking Behavior and Effectiveness: The Effects of CEO Compensation and Tenure," The 2011 Midwest Academy of Management Annual Meeting, Midwest Academy of Management, Omaha (October 2011)
- BADM 9391 09 - Dissertation-Extension:
- Course Evaluations
- MGMT 4389 02 - Strategic Management:
- Course Evaluations
FALL 2017 MODULE 2
SUMMER II 2017
SUMMER I 2017
SUMMER II 2016
SUMMER I 2016