Vincent P. Diego
Assistant Professor of Research
Phone: (956) 882-7520
Dr. Vincent P. Diego
Areas of Expertise
- Human aging, gene-environment interaction analysis and theory
- PhD, Anthropology, Human Statistical Genetics, State University of New York at Binghamton, 2005
- MA, Anthropology, Human Population Biology, State University of New York at Binghamton, 2001
- Hemant Kulkarni, Manju Mamtani, J Peralta, Vincent Diego, Thomas Dyer, Harald Goring, L Almasy, Michael Mahaney, Sarah Williams-Blangero, Ravindranath Duggirala, Joanne Curran, and John Blangero. "Lack of Association between SLC30A8 Variants and Type 2 Diabetes in Mexican American Families.," Journal of diabetes research 2016, (January (1st Quarter/Winter) 2016): 6463214.
- Vincent Diego. Familial studies: Genetic inferences. International Encyclopedia of the Social & Behavioral Sciences (Second Edition). 2015.
- Vincent Diego, R de Chaves, John Blangero, M de Souza, D Santos, T Gomes, F dos Santos, R Garganta, P Katzmarzyk, and J Maia. "Sex-specific genetic effects in physical activity: results from a quantitative genetic analysis.," BMC medical genetics 16, (August 2015): 58.
- C Bellis, Hemant Kulkarni, Manju Mamtani, J Kent, Jr, G Wong, J Weir, C Barlow, Vincent Diego, M Almeida, Thomas Dyer, Harald Goring, L Almasy, Michael Mahaney, A Comuzzie, Sarah Williams-Blangero, P Meikle, John Blangero, and Joanne Curran. "Human plasma lipidome is pleiotropically associated with cardiovascular risk factors and death.," Circulation. Cardiovascular genetics 7, no. 6 (December 2014): 854-63.
- D Santos, P Katzmarzyk, Vincent Diego, John Blangero, M Souza, D Freitas, R Chaves, T Gomes, F Santos, and J Maia. "Genotype by sex and genotype by age interactions with sedentary behavior: the Portuguese Healthy Family Study.," PloS one 9, no. 10 (October (4th Quarter/Autumn) 2014): e110025.
- A Ziegler, N Bohossian, Vincent Diego, and C Yao. "Genetic prediction in the Genetic Analysis Workshop 18 sequencing data.," Genetic epidemiology 38 Suppl 1, (September 2014): S57-62.
- K Bozaoglu, C Attard, Hemant Kulkarni, N Cummings, Vincent Diego, M Carless, K Shields, Matthew Johnson, S Kowlessur, Thomas Dyer, A Comuzzie, L Almasy, P Zimmet, E Moses, Harald Goring, Joanne Curran, John Blangero, and J Jowett. "Plasma levels of soluble interleukin 1 receptor accessory protein are reduced in obesity.," The Journal of clinical endocrinology and metabolism 99, no. 9 (September 2014): 3435-43.
- E Quillen, V Voruganti, G Chittoor, R Rubicz, J Peralta, M Almeida, J Kent, Jr, Vincent Diego, Thomas Dyer, A Comuzzie, Harald Goring, Ravindranath Duggirala, L Almasy, and John Blangero. "Evaluation of estimated genetic values and their application to genome-wide investigation of systolic blood pressure.," BMC proceedings 8, no. Suppl 1 Genetic Analysis Workshop 18Vanessa Olmo (June 2014): S66.
- Hemant Kulkarni, P Meikle, Manju Mamtani, J Weir, M Almeida, Vincent Diego, J Peralta, C Barlow, C Bellis, Thomas Dyer, L Almasy, Michael Mahaney, A Comuzzie, Harald Goring, Joanne Curran, and John Blangero. "Plasma lipidome is independently associated with variability in metabolic syndrome in Mexican American families.," Journal of lipid research 55, no. 5 (May 2014): 939-46.
- R de Chaves, A Baxter-Jones, D Santos, T Gomes, F dos Santos, M de Souza, Vincent Diego, and J Maia. "Clustering of body composition, blood pressure and physical activity in Portuguese families.," Annals of human biology 41, no. 2 (March 2014): 159-67.
- Aexandra Bulga, Rafael Raya, Kaitlyn Hall, Stephanie Leal, Vincent Diego, Sudershan Pasupuleti, John Lowdermilk, Linda Nelson, Francisco Fernandez, and Eron Manusov. "ESTABLISHING THE INTEGRATED CARE COLLABORATIVE UNIT AT THE JOHN AUSTIN PENA MEMORIAL CENTER: INSIGHTS ON PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT," Inaugural Research Symposium, UTRGV School of Medicine & Doctors Hospital at Renaissance, Doctors Hospital at Renaissance (August 2017)
- Rafael Raya, Kaitlyn Hall, Alexandra Bulga, Stephanie Leal, Vincent Diego, Sudershan Pasupuleti, John Lowdermilk, Linda Nelson, and Eron Manusov. "Impact of Integrated Interprofessional Care Unit on Triply-Diagnosed Adolescents," Inaugural Research Symposium, UTRGV School of Medicine & Doctors Hospital at Renaissance, Doctors Hospital at Renaissance (August 2017)
- Jesus Garza, Linda Nelson, Eron Manusov, Vincent Diego, Stephanie Leal, Miguel Lopez, John Lowdermilk, and Sudershan Pasupuleti. "INITIAL DATA FROM INSTRUMENTS USED FOR TRIPLY DIAGNOSED ADOLESCENTS IN AN INTEGRATED INTERPROFESSIONAL CLINIC," Inaugural Research Symposium, UTRGV School of Medicine & Doctors Hospital at Renaissance, Doctors Hospital at Renaissance (August 2017)