Areas of Expertise
- Music Theory
- Arts in Medicine
- PhD, Music Theory & Composition, University of Pittsburgh, 1981
- MA, Music Composition, University of Iowa, 1975
- BA, Music, Antioch College, 1973
- Steven Block. 5 Plainchants for Clarinet . Navonna Records 6022, 2016.
- Steven Block. Puttin' It Together for Two Saxophones, Two Basses, and Trapset. Arsonica Records AR002, 2016.
- Steven Block. FireTiger for violin and piano. Navonna Records 5990, 2015.
- Steven Block. Elisha and the Bears. New York, NY: American Composers Editions, 2014.
- Steven Block. Shadows for Orchestra. reissue. Navona Records 5871, 2012.
- Steven Block. 5 Plainchants for Clarinet. NYNY: American Composer's Edition, 2009.
- Steven Block. St. Michael Prayer for Chorus. NYNY: American Composer's Edition, 2006.
- Steven Block. "The Beatles as Musicians: "Revolver" through the "Anthology" (review)," Notes 57, no. 1 (2000): 157-159.
- Steven Block. Shadows for Orchestra. MMC NEW Century Vol IX, 2064, 1999.
- Steven Block. Piece in Two Parts for Flute and Harpsichord. NYNY: American Composer's Edition, 1997.
Selected Performances and Exhibitions
- Steven Block. "The Ballet Man," Individual Actors by Audition. Buffalo, NY (1991)