Phone: (956) 665-3896
Areas of Expertise
- social entrepreneurship; Corporate governance; Cross-cultural studies
- Sarah Kimakwa, Cynthia Helms, Silas Oliveira, and Lauren Matacio. "Out of my comfort zone into yours. ," New Library World 117, no. 5/6 (June 2016).
- Sarah Kimakwa, Mutizwa Mukute, and Doreen Mnyulwa. Seed security for food security: A Manual for community development workers. Harare Zimbabwe: 2002.
- Sarah Kimakwa, Michael Abebe, and Tammi Redd. "(Disgruntled) Social Warriors: Toward A Typology of Women Social Entrepreneurs," 78th Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management, Academy of Management, Chicago, Illinois (August 2018)
- Michael Abebe, Sarah Kimakwa, and Tammy Redd. "Social Network Ties as Drivers of Entrepreneurial Ventures in Sub-Saharan Africa: Substitutes or Complements?," 4th Biennial Conference of the Africa Academy of Management (AFAM), Addis Ababa, Ethiopia (January 2018)
- Sarah Kimakwa and Jorge Gonzalez. "Founder-CEO Appointments Post-Initial Public Offering (IPO): A Cultural and Institutional Perspective ," 4th Biennial Conference of the Africa Academy of Management (AFAM), Africa Academy of Management, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia (January 2018)
- Sarah Kimakwa and Wonsuk Cha. "The Effect of Founder-CEOs’ Political Engagement on Firm Performance," Southern Academy of Management (SMA), Southern Academy of Management, St Pete, Florida (October 2017)