Phone: (956) 665-2579
Dr. Reto Felix
Areas of Expertise
- Consumer well-being
- Green consumption
- Brand loyalty
- Materialism / conspicuous consumption
- PhD, Management, University of St. Gallen, 1999
- MBA, Marketing, University of St. Gallen, 1994
- Mohammadali Zolfagharian, Reto Felix, and Jacob Braun. "Boundary Conditions of the Effect of Customer Coproduction: The Case of Service Failure ," Journal of Marketing Management (2018).
- Zafar Ahmed, Wolfgang Hinck, and Reto Felix. "Twenty-Five Years after the Fall of the Berlin Wall: An Empirical Revisit of West German Consumers' Attitudes Toward Products and Brands from Former East Germany," Journal of Promotion Management (2018).
- Shir-Way Siew, Michael Minor, and Reto Felix. "The influence of perceived strength of brand origin on willingness to pay more for luxury goods," Journal of Brand Management (April (2nd Quarter/Spring) 2018).
- Reto Felix, Philipp Rauschnabel, and Chris Hinsch. "Elements of Strategic Social Media Marketing: A Holistic Framework," Journal of Business Research 70, (2017): 118-126.
- Reto Felix, Christian Hinsch, and Philipp Rauschnabel. "Dominium Terrae: A Multilevel Analysis on the Relationship between Religiousness and Environmental Concern," 2017 Winter AMA Conference, 28, February 2017: E17-E18.
- Agarzelim Alvarez, Reto Felix, "Strategic Customer Engagement: A Decision-Making Framework," 2017 Winter AMA Conference, 28, February 2017: C26-27.
- Reto Felix and Karin Braunsberger. "I Believe Therefore I Care: The Relationship Between Religiosity, Environmental Attitudes, and Green Product Purchases in Mexico," International Marketing Review 33, no. 1 (2016): 137-155.
- Philipp Rauschnabel, Reto Felix, and Christian Hinsch. "Managing the Pinball: Dimensions of Strategic Social Media Marketing," 2016 AMA Winter Conference, February 2016.
- Eva Gonzalez, Reto Felix, Lorena Carrete, Edgar Centeno, and Raquel Castaño. "Green Shades: A segmentation Approach Based on Ecological Consumer Behavior in an Emerging Economy," Journal of Marketing Theory & Practice 23, no. 3 (2015): 287-302.
- Reto Felix. "Market Orientation Plus: Antecedents and Consequences of Market Orientation and Corporate Social Responsibility in Mexico," Journal of Global Marketing 28, no. 3-5 (2015): 172-188.
Selected Grants and Fellowships
- Reto Felix. Faculty Development Program Grant - Spring 2015, $2,000.00 (2015 - 2015)
- Reto Felix. Supplemental Funds for the Junior Faculty Travel Program, $500.00 (August 10, 2014)
- Reto Felix. Undergraduate Research Initiative Grant, $1,615.00 (January 9, 2014 - July 31, 2014)
- Reto Felix, Xiaojing Sheng, and Swapnil Saravade. "Internet Privacy and Security Concerns: Insights from an Eye Tracking Study," 2018 American Marketing Association Summer Conference, Boston, MA (August 2018)
- Reto Felix. "Selling Your Soul to the Devil: Consumer Reactions to Offshoring and Changes of Country-of-Origin," 2015 American Marketing Association Winter Conference, (February 2015)
- MARK 3300 02 - Principles of Marketing:
- Course Evaluations
- MARK 8309 01 - Research Methods:
- Course Evaluations
SUMMER I 2018
SUMMER I 2017
SUMMER I 2016