Peter L. Kranz
Phone: (956) 665-3467
Dr. Peter L. Kranz
Areas of Expertise
- race relations, counseling/therapy
- PhD, Child Psychology, Utah State University, 1969
- MS, Psychology, Utah State University, 1965
- BA, Psychology, Grinnell College, 1963
- Maritza De La Trinidad, Francisco Guajardo, Peter Kranz, and Miguel Guajardo. "The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley: Leading Social Change: Examining an HSI in Comparative Historical Context," San Antonio, TX, University of Texas San Antonio: Association of Mexican American Educators Journal Forthcoming, no. Vol. 11, No. 2 (December 2017) (December 2017).
- C Huerta, J Maville, and Peter Kranz. "Perception of Cultural Competence in Nurse Pracitioners," 9, no. 1 (2015): 1-6.
- Maria Huerta, Peter Kranz, and Janice Maville. "Perceptions of cultural competence in nurse practitioners.," Journal of Nursing and Health Science 9, no. 1 January-April (January (1st Quarter/Winter) 2015): 16.
- P. Rogers, Peter Kranz, and C. Ferguson. "The Embedded Researcher Method for Involving Undergraduates in research: New Data and Observations," Journal of Hispanic Higher Education 12, no. 3 (2013): 225-236.
- Darrin Rogers, Peter Kranz, and C. Ferguson. "A strategy for involving undergraduates in research," Journal of Hispanic Higher Education (2012).
- J. Maville and Peter Kranz. "Perceived Stress reported by Beginning Nurse Practitioners," Journal of Nursing & Health Science 1, no. 6 (2012): 1-6.
- Peter Kranz, S. Ramirez, and N. Lund. "The use of action techniques in a race relations course," Getting diversity: Incorporating diversity across the curriculum. Sterling, VA: Stylus, 2009: 281-289.
- E. Miller, R. Chen, N. Graf, and Peter Kranz. "Willingness to engage in relationships with persons with disabilities: Examining category and severity of disability," Rehabilitation Counseling Bulletin 4, no. 52 (2009): 211-224.
- Patricia Canales, Peter Kranz, M. Granberry, and Jesus Tanguma. "An assessment of stress experienced by students in a prepharmacy curriculum," Journal of Instructional Psychology 1, no. 35 (2008): 17-22.
- Patricia Canales and Peter Kranz. "Perceived stress by students in a pharmacy curriculum," Education 1, no. 129 (2008): 139-146.
- Peter Kranz. "A University Class in Race Relations that made a positive difference," Race Relation , Ball State Univeristy, Muncie IN (April 2017)
- Victoria Mosack, Robert Sale, and Peter Kranz. "Diversity, Teaching, and Scholarship in Changing and Challenging Times," Southwestern Teachers of Psychology, Southwest Psychological Association, San Antonio, TX (April 2017)
- Peter Kranz. "Embracing Diveristy in Academic Settings," Converstations on Teaching , Center for Teaching Excellence, UTRGV (March 2017)
- Peter Kranz. "A Univeristy Race Relations Class that made a positive difference," Race Relations , Lock Heaven University, Lock Heaven PA. (March 2017)
- Peter Kranz. "A University Class in Race Relations that made a Positive Difference," The 2017 Regional Academic Engagement Symposium, Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX (February 2017)
- Peter Kranz. "Stress and Stress Reduction," 23rd Annual Counselor's Institute, Rio Grande Valley Counseling Association, south padre islan, TX (February 2017)
- Peter Kranz. "A University Class in Race Relations that made a Positive Difference," Nebraska Psychological Society and The Association for Psychological and Educational Research in Kansas, Nebraska Psychological Society and The Association for Psychological and Educational Research in Kansas, Belleuvue Univeristy in Belluevue, NE (November 2016)
- Peter Kranz. "A University Class in Race Relations that made a Positive Difference," Psychology Department at Utah State Univeristy , Utah State Univeristy, Logan, UT (October 2016)
- Robert Sale, Peter Kranz, and Cynthia Wimberly. "Using Web 2.0 Tools To Facilitate Synchronous And Asynchronous Interaction In Online Learning Environments: Experiences From The Trenches," Southwestern Teachers of Psychology, Southwest Psychological Association, Dallas, TX (April 2016)
- Peter Kranz. "Perceptions of cultural competence among nurse practitioners paper," Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing 26th International research Congress, San Juan, Puerto Rico (July 2015)
- COUN 6368 02 - Group Counseling:
- Course Evaluations
- COUN 6369 01 - Counseling Internship I:
- Course Evaluations