Phone: (956) 882-6627
Dr. Oleg Musin
Areas of Expertise
- Discrete and Computational Geometry, Topology, Sphere Packings, Combinatorics, Applied Mathematics, Coding theory, Computational Biology, Cartography and GIS
- PhD, Mathematics, Moscow State Univeristy, 1980
- MS, Mathematics, Moscow State Univeristy, 1976
- Oleg Musin. "Graphs and spherical two-distance sets," European Journal of Combinatorics 80, no. 1 (August 2019): 311-325.
- Oleg Musin. "Five Essays on the Geometry of Laszlo Fejes Toth," New Trends in Intuitive Geometry. Springer: Bolyai Society Mathematical Studies, Hungary, 27, 2018: 321-333.
- Oleg Musin. "Analogs of Steiner's porism and Soddy's hexlet in higher dimensions via spherical codes,," Archiv der Mathematik 111, no. 5 (November 2018): 493-501.
- Zhi Lü and Oleg Musin. "RIGIDITY OF POWERS AND KOSNIOWSKI’S CONJECTURE," Siberian Electr. Math Reports 15 , (October (4th Quarter/Autumn) 2018): 1227-1236.
- Oleg Musin. "TOWARDS A PROOF OF THE 24-CELL CONJECTURE," Springer: Acta Math Hungar. 155, no. 1 (June 2018): 184-199.
- Oleg Musin and Jie Wu. "Cobordism classes of maps and covers for spheres," Topology and its Applications 237, no. 1 (March 2018): 21-25.
- Herbert Edelsbrunner, Alexey Glazyrin, Oleg Musin, and Anton Nikitenko. "The Voronoi Functional is Maximized by the Delaunay Triangulation in the Plane," Combinatorica 37, no. 5 (2017): 887-910.
- Oleg Musin. "KKM type theorems with boundary conditions," J. Fixed Point Theory Appl. 19 , no. 3 (September 2017): 2037–2049.
- Oleg Musin. "Circle actions with two fixed points," Mathematical Notes 100, no. 3-4 (2016): 636–638.
- Oleg Musin. "Generalizations of Tucker–Fan–Shashkin Lemmas," Arnold Mathematical Journal 2, no. 3 (2016): 299–308.
Selected Grants and Fellowships
- Alexey Garber. Conferences on Discrete Geometry and Algebraic Combinatorics, National Science Foundation, $15,000.00 (2019 - 2021)
- Alexey Garber. Conferences on Discrete Geometry and Algebraic Combinatorics, National Science Foundation, $40,000.00 (2016 - 2018)
- Alexey Glazyrin. Sphere packings and related extremal problems, National Science Foundation, $160,000.00 (2014 - 2017)
- Alexey Glazyrin. Collaborative Research: Positive definite functions in distance geometry and combinatorics, National Science Foundation, $120,000.00 (2011 - 2014)
- Oleg Musin. "Highest abundant numbers and the Riemann hypothesis ," Dobrushin Mathematics Laboratory Seminar, Moscow, Russia (May 2019)
- Oleg Musin. "Optimal spherical configurations in four dimensions," XVI International Conference «Algebra, Number Theory and Discrete Geometry", Tula, Russia (May 2019)
- Oleg Musin. "An extension the semidefinite programming bound for spherical codes," Shanks Workshop: Computations and Linear Programming Bounds for Energy, Packing, and Covering, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN (May 2019)
- Oleg Musin. "Steiner porism and spherical codes," AMS Spring Southeastern Sectional Meeting, Auburn University, Auburn, AL (March 2019)
- Oleg Musin. "Sphere Packings in Four Dimensions," SMSS Pure Math Seminar, UTRGV (February 2019)
- Oleg Musin. "Combinatorial analogs of fixed point theorems," Meetings of the Moscow Mathematical Society, Moscow, Russia (December 2018)
- Oleg Musin. "Sphere packings, kissing numbers and related topics," December readings in Tomsk, Tomsk Universitty, Tomsk, Russia (December 2018)
- Oleg Musin. "The kissing number and related problems ," CCMS Colloquium, The Claremont College, Claremont, CA (December 2018)
- Oleg Musin. "Sperner’s lemma: generalizations and applications," CCSM Algebra / Number Theory / Combinatorics Seminar, The Claremont College, Claremont, CA (December 2018)
- Oleg Musin. "Sphere packing and spherical codes," AIM Workshop "Discrete geometry and automorphic forms", American Institute of Mathematics, San Jose, California (September 2018)
- MATH 2318 07 - Linear Algebra:
- Course Evaluations
- MATH 3361 02 - Applied Discrete Mathematics:
- Course Evaluations
SUMMER I 2019
SUMMER I 2018