Lynn K. Fischer
Phone: (956) 665-3152
Dr. Lynn K. Fischer
Dr. Lynn Fischer has been teaching classroom and online courses since 2003. She has experience in community rehabilitation programs and state agencies working with people with physical, psychiatric and intellectual disabilities
Areas of Expertise
- Dr. Lynn Fischer's professional interests include: program evaluation, behavioral health, employment and secondary education for people with developmental disabilities, and management in not for profit community rehabilitation programs.
- PhD, Education, University of Idaho, 2008
- MS, Rehabilitation Counseling, Eastern Montana College , 1991
- BA, Crown College, 1982
- Mark Winkel and Lynn Fischer. "Time of quarter effect: An uncontrolled variable in electrodermal research," Psychophysiology 16, no. 2 (1979): 158-163.
- Mark Winkel and Lynn Fischer. "Development of Bidirectional operant modification of the cephalic vasomotor response employing a positive reinforcer," Biological Psychology 6, no. 4 (1978): 247-257.
- Yuleinys Castillo, Denise Silcox, and Lynn Fischer. " "Exploring Attitudes, Beliefs, and Knowledge of the Human-Animal bond among Pre-service Students"," Animals in Society .
Selected Grants and Fellowships
- Shirley Wells. Recruiting African American & Hispanic Students Into a Hispanic Serving Occupational Therapy and Speech Language Pathology Program, Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, $106,140.00 (September 1, 2016 - May 31, 2018)
- Lynn Fischer, Jerome Fischer, "Expressive Writing: Enhancing Emotional Intelligence of Human Services Majors," Pathways to Student Success: Resiliency and Professionalism, Texas Society of Allied Health Professionals, Baylor College of Medicine, School of Allied Health Sciences, Houston, TX (September 2017)
- Deborah Ashley, and Lynn Fischer. "Expressive Writing: Enhancing Emotional Intelligence of Human Services Majors," Pathways to Student Success: Resiliency and Professionalism, 40th Annual Conference, Texas Society of Allied Health Professionals, Houston, Texas (September 2017)
- Lynn Fischer, Jerome Fischer, and Deborah Ashley. "Expressive Writing and Emotional Intelligence," Meeting the Needs of 21st Century Learners, UTRGV-Center for Teaching Excellence, UTRGV - Edinburg, TX (May 2017)
SUMMER I 2018
SUMMER I 2017
SUMMER I 2016