Lydia L. Aguilera
Clinical Associate Professor
Phone: (956) 665-5221
Dr. Lydia L. Aguilera
Dr Lydia Aguilera, an experienced pharmacist and passionate educator, is an ardent advocate for students that aspire to enter the pharmacy profession.
Areas of Expertise
- IPE, Student Success/Scholarship/Alternative Medicine/Medication Therapy Management, Women's Health
- Student Success
- Alternative and Complementary Medicine
- Medication Therapy Management
- Health Literacy in Hispanic Population
- Pharm.D., Pharmacy, University of Florida, 2008
- BS, Pharmacy, University of Houston, 1980
- Lydia Aguilera, Eron Manusov, and John Ronnau. "Engagement and Co-Production: Building and Inter-Professional Integrated Medical Education and Clinical Practice," Oxfordshire: Journal of Integrate Care Abstracts (September 2015).
- Yasar Tasnif and Lydia Aguilera. "Patiromer- A New Treament for Hyperkalemia," Amercian College of Clinical Pharmacy Adult Medicine PRN, Fall 2015, September 2015.
- Lydia Aguilera, Yasar Tasnif, Daniela Bazan, Bianca Cruz, and Adrian Sandoval. "Integrated Healthcare via a Community Health Fair along an International Border: Tackling Multi-morbidities and Health Inequalities through Team Learning Experiences," International Journal of Integrated Care 15, no. 5 (May 2015).
- Lydia Aguilera. "OTC Pediatric Cough and Cold Safety," US Pharmacist. US Pharmacist 34, no. 7 (July (3rd Quarter/Summer) 2009): 39-41.
- Lydia Aguilera. "I AM -Intelligent/Strong/Capable for Girls aspiring to major in Health Professions," 2017 Conference College and Career Readiness , Region I Gear UP, South Padre Island (February 2017)
- Ginger Garza, Kassandra delaGarza, Daniela Bazan, and Lydia Aguilera. "Barriers and biases toward HPV vaccination in the Hispanic culture," American Society of Health Systems Pharmacists, ASHP, Las Vegas, Nevada (December 2016)
- Xin Oh, Bianca Cruz, and Lydia Aguilera. "Gauging Uninsured Patients’ Access to Prescription Medications Using Coupons from Drug Discount Programs in a Primarily Hispanic Population," ASHP Midyear Meeting, Las Vegas, NV (December 2016)
- Lydia Aguilera, Bianca Cruz, Yasar Tasnif, Daniela Bazan, and Adrian Sandoval. "Integrated Healthcare via a Community Health Fair along an International Border: Tackling Multi-morbidities and Health Inequalities through Team Learning Experiences," 15th International Conference for Integrated Care, Edinburgh, Scotland (March 2015)
- Lydia Aguilera, Eron Manusov, and John Ronnau. ""Engagement and Co-production: Building an Inter- Professional Integrated medical Education and Clinical Practice"," International Conference on Integrated Care, Edinburgh, Scotland (March 2015)
- Lydia Aguilera, Veronica Chanes, Yasar Tasnif, Daniela Bazan, Bianca Cruz, and Adrian Sandoval. "Increasing Student Participation in Scholarship and Community Service: A Focus on the Health Care Needs of the Rio Grande Valley Community to Motivate Student Participation in Research," Kenneth I. Shine Academy Innovations , Austin, TX (February 2015)
- Heidy Salinas, Isai Granados, Mario Solis, Bianca Cruz, and Lydia Aguilera. "Perception of Interdisciplinary Collaboration Pre and Post Community Health Fair Serving the Hispanic Population in the Rio Grande Valley," ASHP Midyear Meeting, Anaheim, CA (December 2014)
- Lydia Aguilera. "OTC Drugs of Abuse," Edinburg, Texas (June 2014)
- Lydia Aguilera. "Preparing Student for Professional Programs and Employment ," ECISD Career and Technology Advisory Committee Meeting, Edinburg School and Administration Meeting (April 2014)
- Lydia Aguilera. ""Helping Our Pharmacies Improve Patient Outcomes"," American Pharmacies and the Texas Pharmacy Business Council , Soloman Ortiz Conference Center (March 2014)