Phone: (956) 882-3880
Dr. Lakshman Chandrashekhar
International Management/Leadership Scholar with over 20 yrs of experience from three continents.
Areas of Expertise
- Cross-cultural management/leadership
- International HRM
- PhD, Business Administration, Southern Illinois University - Carbondale, 2003
- MBA, Business Administration, University of Wisconsin - La Crosse, 1992
- BE, Madurai Kamaraj University,, 1987
- C Lakshman, Rajeev Kumra, and Atanu Adhikari. "Proactive market orientation and innovation in India: The moderating role of intrafirm causal ambiguity," Journal of Management & Organization (2017): 1–20.
- C Lakshman and Sangeetha Lakshman. "The relationship between MNCs’ Strategies and Executive Staffing," No. International Journal of Organizational Analysis, Emerald Group Publishing Ltd. 25, no. 2 (2017): http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/IJOA-10-2015-0913 .
- C Lakshman and Christophe Estay. "Attributional complexity and leadership Test of a process model in France and India," International Journal of Cross Cultural Management 16, no. 1 (2016): 53–76.
- C Lakshman. "Culturally Integrating an Indian JV partner post-acquisition ," indian Culture and Work Organizations in Transition. London: Routledge Taylor & Francis Group, April (2nd Quarter/Spring) 2016: 88-109.
- C Lakshman. Doing Business in India: A framework for strategic understanding. Chandos Publishing, 2015.
- C Lakshman and Manzoom Akhter. "Microfoundations of institutional change: Contrasting institutional sabotage to entrepreneurship," Canadian Journal of Administrative Sciences/Revue Canadienne des Sciences de l’Administration 32, no. 3 (2015): 160–176.
- Christophe Estay, C Lakshman, and Zahir Yanat. "Complexité attributionnelle et exactitude des attributions: appréciation du modèle d’attribution du leadership," Recherches en Sciences de Gestion no. 4 (2014): 89–112.
- C Lakshman, Aarti Ramaswami, Ruth Alas, Jean Kabongo, and J Pandian. "Ethics trumps culture? A cross-national study of business leader responsibility for downsizing and CSR perceptions," Journal of Business Ethics 125, no. 1 (2014): 101–119.
- C Lakshman. "Leveraging human capital through performance management process: the role of leadership in the USA, France and India†," The International Journal of Human Resource Management 25, no. 10 (2014): 1351–1372.
- Sumita Rai and C Lakshman. "Organizational Culture and Commitment Among Lay-Off Survivors: A Tale of Two MNCs in India," South Asian Journal of Management 21, no. 4 (2014): 7.
- Lakshman Chandrashekhar, C Lakshman, "Understanding Why and When Ethical Climate Relates to Employee Taking Charge and Voice Behaviors: A Moderated Mediation Model," Academy of Management, Chicago, IL (August 2018)
- C Lakshman "Flexibility Oriented HRM Practices and Innovation: Comparative Evidence from China and India," Academy of Management, University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, Chicago, IL (August 2018)
- Ravi Bala and Lakshman Chandrashekhar. "Flexibility-oriented HRM practices and Business Model Innovation: Fostering Strategic Agility," 2017 Meeting of the Southern Management Association, Southern Management Association, St. Pete Beach, FL (October 2017)
- C Lakshman and Johannes Kraak. "Differences in the Psychological Contracts of Military Aviators: Young Dreamers versus Old Realists," Academy of Management, University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, Atlanta, GA (August 2017)
- C Lakshman. "Multiculturalism: A Review and Agenda for Future Research," Academy of Management, University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, Atlanta, GA (August 2017)
- C Lakshman. "Multiculturalism within Individuals," Academy of International Business, Dubai, U.A.E. (July 2017)
- C Lakshman and Aarti Ramaswami. "Measurement Invariance of the Attributional Complexity Construct: Cross-Cultural examination across USA, France, India, Estonia, and Vietnam," Academy of International Business, Dubai, U.A.E. (July 2017)
- MGMT 4321 02 - Organizational Behavior:
- Course Evaluations
- MGMT 3362 02 - Human Resource Management:
- Course Evaluations
SUMMER I 2018
SUMMER I 2017