Phone: (956) 665-2964
- PhD, History, Auburn University, 2003
- MA, History, Southwest Missouri State University, 1993
- BA, History & Political Science, Southwest Missouri State University, 1991
- Kristine Wirts. "The Peddler: The Trials and Tribulations of Jean Giraud and his Religious Community , 1670 - 1708," .
- Dora Saavedra, Shawn Saladin, Joanne Rampersad-Ammons, Jennifer Lemanski, and Kristine Wirts. "Faculty Collegiality and a Healthy Workplace: A Baseline Study of Campus Climates ," .
- Kristine Wirts and Leslie Tuttle. "Jacques Massard: Prophecy and the Harmony of Knowledge," Early Modern Prophecies Collection . Brill, .
- Kristine Wirts and Leslie Tuttle. The Harmony of Prophecies and Predictions, Ancient and Modern, regarding the duration of the suffering of the Church and the time of the deliverance that it has pleased God to decree (1686). Early Modern Prophecies Collection. .
Selected Grants and Fellowships
- Kristine Wirts. CLA Proposal Development Fund, College of Liberal Arts, (July 2017 - August 2017)
- Kristine Wirts. Faculty Research Grant, Office of Global Engagement, (June 2017 - August 2017)
- Kristine Wirts. International Research Grant, Center for European Studies -- Austin, (June 2017 - August 2017)
- Dora Saavedra. Faculty Collegiality and a Healthy Workplace: A Baseline Study of Campus Climates (2014), Faculty Research Council, (August 2014 - December 2015)
- Kristine Wirts. Group Proposal for Peer Reviewer Certification for Online Teaching, Faculty Development Council, (January 2014 - August 2014)
- Kristine Wirts. Artisans of the Ancien Régime, 1680-1750, Faculty Research Council, (2009 - 2010)
- Kristine Wirts. Undergraduate Research Initiative Grant, (2008 - 2009)
- Kristine Wirts. Japan Studies Institute Award, American Association of State Colleges and Associations, ( 2008)
- Kristine Wirts. Bernadotte Schmitt Award for International Research, American Historical Association, ( 2007)
- Kristine Wirts. College of Arts and Humanities Research Grant, UTPA, ( 2007)
- Kristine Wirts. "From the Great Cat Massacre to the Today Show: What French Cultural History Can Teach Us about Today’s Work Place," Social Science History Association, Chicago, IL (November 2016)
- Kristine Wirts. "“The Night to Save La Grave’: The Story of Peddler Jean Giraud and his Alpine Community during the Revocation of the Edict of Nantes," Western Society for French History, Cedar Rapids, Iowa (November 2016)
- Kristine Wirts. "“A Pedler’s Pocket Watch: History and Time in the Seventeenth Century,” ," Western Society for French History, Chicago, IL (November 2015)
- Kristine Wirts. "Keeping the Faith: A Seventeenth-Century Merchant and his Protestant Community," Annual Conference of the Western Society for French History, Western Society for French History, San Antonio, TX (2014)
- Kristine Wirts. "The Story of Jacques Massard: An Alpine Physician makes sense of a Maiden’s Miracle," Conference on Revisiting Early Modern Prophecies (1500-1800), University of London – Goldsmiths, London, UK (2014)
- Kristine Wirts. "Nationalism and Empire: With a Specific Focus on the Current Crisis in Ukraine," History Dept. & History Club, University of Texas -- Pan American (2014)
- Kristine Wirts. "The Machine Ronde: Providential Meanings of Technological and Early Scientific Metaphors in ," Annual Society for French Historical Studies, French Historical Studies, Harvard University (2013)
- Kristine Wirts. "A Huguenot Apocalypse: Prophesy and Politics in the French Alps," Western Society for French History, Western Society for French History, Atlanta, GA (2013)
- Kristine Wirts. "From the Pulpit to the People: Class Rhetoric and Ideology in Huguenot Sermons," Annual Conference of the American Historical Association, American Historical Association, Chicago, IL (2012)
- Kristine Wirts. "The Creation of a Public Sphere: An Alpine Peddler during the Absolutist Age,” University of ," International Conference on Market, Law, and Ethics, 1300-1850 , University of Sheffield, United Kingdom (2012)
SUMMER II 2017
SUMMER II 2016