Phone: (956) 665-3392
Dr. Kevin Cruthirds
After a long career in the apparel industry, Dr. Cruthirds completed a Ph.D. of International Business with emphasis in Management. He is an Associate Professor in the International Business/Entrepreneurship Department of the Vacker College of Business and Entrepreneurship.
Areas of Expertise
- His main research interests are in Customs and Border Operations Management.
- The use of humor in business management
- PhD, International Business, The University of Texas - Pan American, 2007
- Master's Level Coursework, Manufacturing Engineering, The University of Texas - Pan American, 2000
- MBA, Business Administration, The University of Texas - Pan American, 1995
- Bachelor of Commercial Science, General Business, Loyola University of New Orleans, 1974
- Mark Wang and Kevin Cruthirds. "Impact of an ERP simulation game on online learning," www.elsevier.com/locate/ijme: The International Journal of Management Education no. 15 (January (1st Quarter/Winter) 2017): 60-066.
- Kevin Cruthirds and Mark Hwang. "Use of ERPsim Game in Online Classes," Northeast Decision Science Institute Conference, April (2nd Quarter/Spring) 2016.
- Kevin Cruthirds, Tom Coyle, Marco Tello, and Blanca Marquez. "World Class Logistics - South of the Border: An Analysis of Mexican Maquiladora Environmentally Responsibility Practices," San Antonio, Texas: Academic and Business Research Institute, March 2015.
- Valerie Wang, Kevin Cruthirds, Yong Wang, and Jei Wei. "Enculturated Pleasure: A Study in Multicultural Engagement," Journal of Advertising Research 54, no. 3 (September 2014): 320-331.
- Tom Coyle, Kevin Cruthirds, Sara Naranjo, and Katarina Nobel. "Analysis of Current Customs Practices in the United States and a Proposed Model for World Class Customs," World Customs Journal 8, no. 1 (March 2014): 71-85.
- Yongjian Wang, Kevin Cruthirds, Catherine Axinn, and Chiquan Guo. "In Search of Aesthetics in Consumer Marketing: An Examination of Aesthetic Stimuli: From the Philosophy of Art and the Psychology of Art," Academy of Marketing Studies Journal 17, no. 2 (2013): 37-55 (C in ABDC's List).
- Kevin Cruthirds, Yong Wang, and Eric Romero. "Insights into Negative Humor in Organizations: Development of the Negative Humor Questionnaire," Journal of Business and Management 19, no. 3 (2013): 7-18.
- Yu Kun, Yong Wang, Chris Moberg, Kevin Cruthirds, and Chiquan Guo. "Adopting Ro-Ro Transportation in Inland China: A Decision Criteria Survey of Shippers, Forwarders, and Haulers. ," International Journal of Logistics Systems and Management 16, no. 4 (2013): 426-443.
- Yong Wang, Kevin Cruthirds, Catherine Axinn, and Chiquan Guo. "In Search of Aesthetics in Consumer Marketing: An Examination of Aesthetic Stimuli from the Philosophy of Art and the Psychology of Art," Academy of Marketing Studies Journal 17, no. 2 (November 2013): 37-55.
- Kevin Cruthirds, Valerie Wang, Yong Wang, and Jie Wei. "A Comparison of Humor Styles in U.S. and Mexican Television Commercials," Marketing Intelligence and Planning 30, no. 4 (July (3rd Quarter/Summer) 2012): 381-401.
Selected Grants and Fellowships
- Kevin Cruthirds. Assurance of Learning through Computer-Assisted Instruction: Enhancing Learning Outcomes in the Business Foundation Courses, Nicholls State University, $20,361.00 (January 1, 2007 - May 31, 2008)
- Kevin Cruthirds. Enhanced Learning Environments Using Flexible Learning Technologies in Support of a Master Plan in the College of Business Administration at Nicholls State University: Phase III, Nicholls State University, $71,995.00 (January 1, 2007 - May 31, 2008)
- Kevin Cruthirds and Mark Hwang. "Use of ERPsim Game in Online Classes," Northeast Decision Sciences Institute, Decision Sciences Institute, Alexandria, Virginia (March 2016)
- Kevin Cruthirds and Tom Coyle. "World-Class Logistics - South of the Border: An Analysis of Mexican Maquiladora Environmentally Responsible Practices," UTB-ScoB, Brownsville, Texas (2014)
- Miguel Baeza, Yong Wang, and Kevin Cruthirds. "Amalgamation or Dissolution? Outlook of the Future of MERCOSUR Under US and EU Influences," International Academy of Business and Economics, Las Vegas, Nevada (2011)
- Kevin Cruthirds and Tom Coyle. "Extending the Breadth of Lean Manufacturing: Zero-Base budgeting Gets Mean with Lean," Research Colloquium, UTB School of Business Adminstration, Brownsville, Texas (2011)
- Kevin Cruthirds and Jane LeMaster. "Conflict in the Virtual Classroom: An Extension of Intragroup Conflict," Research Colloquium, UTB School of Business Administration, Brownsville, Texas (2009)
- Kevin Cruthirds and Michael Minor. "Do Gringos Have More Fun? Contrasting Humor in U.S. and Mexican TV Ads," Academy of Marketing Science – Cultural Perspectives in Marketing Conference, New Orleans, LA (2008)
- Miguel Baeza, Yong Wang, and Kevin Cruthirds. "Regional Economic Integration in Asia Pacific: The Future of ASEAN and EAFTA," International Academy of Business and Economics, Las Vegas, Nevada (2008)
- Kevin Cruthirds. "Group-Pay Incentive System: Can It Work in Mexico?," International Academy of Business Disciplines Conference, International Academy of Business Disciplines, Houston, TX (2008)
- Kevin Cruthirds. "Group-Pay Incentive System: Can It Work in Mexico?," International Academy of Business Disciplines Conference, Houston, TX (2008)
- Anshu Saran, Kevin Cruthirds, and Michael Minor. "Ad Acceptance: Scale Development, Purification, and Validation of Acceptance of Advertising on Mobile Telephones," Academy of Marketing Science Conference, Electronic and Interactive Marketing track, Academy of Marketing Science, San Antonio, Texas (2006)
- MGMT 4363 90L - Operations Management:
- Course Evaluations
- MGMT 3361 91L - Principles of Management:
- Course Evaluations
SUMMER II 2018
SUMMER II 2017