Phone: (956) 665-3104
Dr. Jungseok Ho
Dr. Jungseok Ho is a college educator teaching water resources and environmental engineering. He is also a licensed professional civil engineer with more than 20 years of experience.
Areas of Expertise
- Stormwater Best Management Practices, surface water quality transport numerical modeling, coastal wetland flow circulation
- PhD, Engineering, University of New Mexico, 2006
- MEng, Civil Engineering, University of Idaho, 2002
- MS, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Korea University, 1997
- BS, Civil Engineering, University of Suwon, 1995
- Jihoon Kang, Marissa Davila, Sergio Mireles, and Jungseok Ho. "Nitrate Leaching from Sand and Pumice Geomedia Amended with Pyrogenic Carbon Materials," Environments 4, (October (4th Quarter/Autumn) 2017): 70.
- Jungseok Ho, Jihoon Kang, "Hydrologic Impacts of Bioswale Porous Media on Parking Lot Drainage," International Journal of Civil and Structural Engineering Research 5, no. 1 (May 2017): 23-30.
- Jungseok Ho, J Coonrod, L Hanna, and B Mefford. "Hydrodynamic Modeling Study of Fish Exclusion System for River Diversion ," River Research and Applications 27, no. (2) (2011): 184-192.
- Jungseok Ho. "Multiphase Modeling Study for Storm Water Solids Treatment in Experimental Storm Water Settling Chamber ," Water Science and Technology 63, no. (12) (2011): 3020-3026.
- Jungseok Ho and Kim Won-Il.. "Discrete Phase Modeling Study for Particle Motion in Storm Water Retention ," Journal of Civil Engineering, KSCE (November 2011).
- Jungseok Ho, S, Seo, C. Oh, C. Kim, and W. Ahn. "An Experimental Study of Freshwater Pumping Affecting Saltwater Intrusion in Coastal Aquifer," Singapore: ASCE-EWRI Conf. Proc. International Perspective on Water Resources & the Environment, January (1st Quarter/Winter) 2011.
- Jungseok Ho and W. Kim. "Stormwater Solid Transport Modeling for Stromwater Best Management Practices ," Singapore: ASCE-EWRI Conf. Proc. International Perspective on Water Resources & the Environment, January (1st Quarter/Winter) 2011.
- Jungseok Ho, J. Coonrod, T. Gill, and B. Mefford. "Case Study: Movable Bed Model Scaling for Bed Load Sediment Exclusion at Intake Structure on Rio Grande ," Journal of Hydraulic Engineering 136, no. (4) (2010): 247-250.
- Jungseok Ho, S. Seo, C. Oh, and W. Kim. "Experimental Study of Freshwater Discharge and Saltwater Intrusion Control in Coastal Aquifer ," Journal of Korean Society of Hazard Mitigation 10, no. (5) (2010): 159-168.
- Jungseok Ho, T. Marti, and J. Coonrod. "Flood Debris Filtering Structure for Urban Storm Water Best Management Practices ," Journal of Hydraulic Research 48, no. (3) (2010): 320-328.
Selected Grants and Fellowships
- William Donner. Hydrological Risks in South Texas, AXA Research Fund, $300,000.00 (2016 - 2018)
- Javier Guerrero. Laguna Madre Estuary Program Environmental Strategic Plan, Texas General Land Office (GLO), $50,000.00 (2016 - 2018)
- Jungseok Ho. Dwight David Eisenhower Transportation Fellowship Program (DDETFP), US DOT Federal Highway Administration, $54,000.00 (October 1, 2017 - September 30, 2018)
- Yingchen Yang. ISRP: A self-sustaining process to get fresh water from oceans, The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, $20,000.00 (January 2, 2017 - August 31, 2018)
- Jungseok Ho. Undergraduate Research Initiative Award, University of Texas Pan-American, $2,000.00 ( )
- Jungseok Ho. Faculty Research Council Award, University of Texas Pan-American, $5,000.00 ( )
- Eli Gonzalez, Chu-Lin Cheng, Jihoon Kang, and Jungseok Ho. "Potentials of Shallow Groundwater Contamination Discharge into Lower Laguna Madre," 20th Lower Rio Grande Valley Annual Water Quality Management and Planning Conference, (May 2018)
- Eli Gonzalez, Chu-Lin Cheng, Juan Gonzalez, Jihoon Kang, and Jungseok Ho. "Assessing Shallow Groundwater Vulnerability in the South Texas Sand Sheet Using a GIS-Based DRASTIC Model," The Geological Society of America, South-Central Section Annual Meeting, Geological Society of America (GSA), South-Central Section, Little Rock, AR (March 2018)
- Jungseok Ho. "Numerical estimation of mangrove forest wetland shoreline protection in the Lower Laguna Madre, Texas," Annual Conference of Society of Wetland Scientists, USGS, Puerto Rico (June 2017)
- Jungseok Ho. "Lower Laguna Madre- Are we ready for another Hurricane Beuhla," Rio Grande Valley Hurricane Ready Expo, South Texas College, Weslaco (June 2017)
- Jungseok Ho. "Lower Laguna Madre- Are we ready for another Hurricane Beuhla," Lower Rio Grande Valley Stormwater Management Conference, LRGV Stormwater Taskforce, South Padre Island, Texas (May 2017)
- Jungseok Ho. "Determination of ideal parking lot bioswale porousm media for South Texas," III Border Green Infrastructure Forum, Border Environment Cooperation Commission (BECC), Coahuila, Mexico (September 2016)
- Jungseok Ho. "Hidalgo County Drainage Canal water quality transportation modeling study," Lower Rio Grande Valley Stormwater Management Conference, LRGV Stormwater Taskforce, South Padre Island, Texas (May 2016)
- Jungseok Ho. "Binational Water Quality Monitoring in the Lower Rio Grande/Rio Bravo: Cooperative Efforts to Protect Vital Transboundary Water Resources," World Environmental & Water Resources Congress, EWRI, Austin, TX (May 2015)
- Jungseok Ho, Hudson Deyoe, Lee Clapp, Lucy Camacho, and Elizabeth Heise. "Binational Water Quality Monitoring in the Lower Rio Grande/Rio Bravo: Cooperative Efforts to Protect Vital Transboundary Water Resources," World Environmental & Water Resources Congress, EWRI, Austin, TX (May 2015)
- Jungseok Ho "Ideal Bioswale Material for the Lower Rio Grande Valley, Texas," Smart and Sustainable Campus Conference, Baltimore (March 2015)
- CIVE 3115 A - Fluid Mech & Hydroaulics Lab:
- Course Evaluations
- CIVE 3115 01 - Fluid Mech & Hydroaulics Lab:
- Course Evaluations
- CIVE 3315 01 - Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulics:
- Course Evaluations
SUMMER II 2018
SUMMER I 2018
SUMMER II 2017
SUMMER I 2017
SUMMER I 2016