Juan Guevara Jr.
Phone: (956) 882-6773
Dr. Juan Guevara Jr.
Areas of Expertise
- Protein Structure & Function, Molecular Design, Submicron Resolution Optical Microscopy, Bioprocessing and Manufacturing, Drug Design and Delivery,
- PhD, Integrated Science, Oregon State University , 1978
- MS, Biology, Biophysics, Biochemistry, University of Houston, 1974
- Juan Guevara, J Romo, Jr, Troy McWhorter, and Natalia Guevara. "Analogs of LDL Receptor Ligand Motifs in Dengue Envelope and Capsid Proteins as Potential Codes for Cell Entry.," Journal of viruses 2015, (January (1st Quarter/Winter) 2015).
- J Guevara, Jr, N Prashad, Boris Ermolinsky, J Gaubatz, D Kang, Andrea Schwarzbach, D Loose, and Natalia Guevara. "Apo B100 similarities to viral proteins suggest basis for LDL-DNA binding and transfection capacity.," Journal of lipid research 51, no. 7 (July (3rd Quarter/Summer) 2010): 1704-18.
- J Gaubatz, R Hoogeveen, A Hoffman, K Ghazzaly, H Pownall, J Guevara, Jr, M Koschinsky, and J Morrisett. "Isolation, quantitation, and characterization of a stable complex formed by Lp[a] binding to triglyceride-rich lipoproteins.," Journal of lipid research 42, no. 12 (December 2001): 2058-68.
- J Guevara, Jr, D Kang, and J Moore. "Nucleic acid-binding properties of low-density lipoproteins: LDL as a natural gene vector.," Journal of protein chemistry 18, no. 8 (November 1999): 845-57.
- J Guevara, Jr, N Valentinova, Oscar Garcia, A Gotto, C Yang, S Legal, J Gaubatz, and J Sparrow. "Interaction of apolipoprotein[a] with apolipoproteinB-100 Cys3734 region in lipoprotein[a] is confirmed immunochemically.," Journal of protein chemistry 15, no. 1 (January (1st Quarter/Winter) 1996): 17-25.
- J Guevara, Jr, N Valentinova, D Davison, J Morrisett, and J Sparrow. "Human Lp(a): regions in sequences of apoproteins similar to domains in signal transduction proteins.," Endocrine practice : official journal of the American College of Endocrinology and the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists 1, no. 6 (November 1995): 440-8.
- J Guevara, Jr, E Walch, H Epstein, J Sparrow, A Gotto, and N Valentinova. "Evidence that apoB-100 of low-density lipoproteins is a novel Src-related protein kinase.," Journal of protein chemistry 14, no. 7 (October (4th Quarter/Autumn) 1995): 627-31.
- F Blanco-Vaca, J Gaubatz, N Bren, B Kottke, J Morrisett, and J Guevara, Jr. "Identification and quantification of apolipoproteins in addition to apo[a] and apo B-100 in human lipoprotein[a].," Chemistry and physics of lipids 67-68, (January (1st Quarter/Winter) 1994): 35-42.
- G Cardoso, C Posadas, O Orvanaños, C Peniche, J Zamora, R Aguilar, J Holguin, A Raynaud, J Morrisett, and J Guevara, Jr. "Long distance runners and body-builders exhibit elevated plasma levels of lipoprotein(a).," Chemistry and physics of lipids 67-68, (January (1st Quarter/Winter) 1994): 207-21.
- C Ballantyne, L Chan, J Guevara, Jr, J Morrisett, M Mims, "Recent advances in lipoprotein and atherosclerosis research at Baylor College of Medicine. Apolipoprotein B, lipoprotein[a], and transplantation arteriopathy.," Texas Heart Institute journal 21, no. 1 (January (1st Quarter/Winter) 1994): 48-55.
- BENG 4120 01 - Molecular Bioengineering Lab:
- Course Evaluations
- BENG 4320 01 - Molecular Bioengineering:
- Course Evaluations