Jorge A. Gonzalez
Phone: (956) 665-2831
Dr. Jorge A. Gonzalez
Jorge A. Gonzalez is Associate Professor of Management at the University of Texas – Rio Grande Valley. He received his Ph.D. in Management from the Mays Business School at Texas A&M University. His research has appeared in the Journal of International Business Studies, the Journal of Organizational Behavior, and Personnel Psychology, among others. Jorge has taught at the University of San Francisco, the University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee, the Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México and Texas A&M University. His current research is about diversity in organizations and cross-cultural issues in management.
- PhD, Management, Texas A&M University - College Station, 2001
- BBA, Finance, The University of Texas - Pan American, 1993
- Subhajit Chakraborty and Jorge Gonzalez. "An Integrated Lean Supply Chain Framework for U.S. Hospitals ," Operations and Supply Chain Management, 2018.
- Jorge Gonzalez, Belle Rose Ragins, Kyle Ehrhardt, and Romila Singh. "Friends and Family: The role of relationships in community and workplace attachment. ," (2018).
- Miguel Baeza, Jorge Gonzalez, and Yang Wong. "Job Flexibility and Job Satisfaction among Mexican Professionals: A Socio-Cultural Explanation," Employee Relations (2018).
- Jorge Gonzalez. "Relational Demography and Workplace Attachment: The Role of Value Congruence and Asymmetrical Group Effects," Journal of Managerial Psychology (2016).
- Jorge Gonzalez, Azadeh Zamanian, Diversity in Organizations. International Encyclopedia of Social and Behavioral Sciences. Elsevier, no. 2nd 2015.
- Jorge Gonzalez. "If You Can’t Take the Heat: Cultural Beliefs about Questionable Conduct, Stigma, Punishment, and Withdrawal among Mexican Police Officers," Organization Studies 36, (2015): 665-687.
- Jorge Gonzalez. "Multilevel Framework of Expatriate Adjustment and Knowledge Stock on MNE Subsidiary Performance," Human Resource Management Review 24, (2014): 299-312.
- Jorge Gonzalez and Subhajit Chakraborty. "Expatriate knowledge utilization and MNE performance: A multilevel framework," Human Resource Management Review 24, no. 4 (2014): 299-312.
- Jorge Gonzalez. "Matchmaking: Community and business-unit racial/ethnic diversity and business unit performance," International Journal of Human Resource Management (May 2013).
- Subhajit Chakraborty and Jorge Gonzalez. "A Multilevel Framework of Expatriate Adjustment and Knowledge Stock on MNE Subsidiary Performance," Academy of International Business, 2012.
Selected Grants and Fellowships
- Jorge Gonzalez. Stopping the Revolving Door: The Role of Organizational and Community Diversity Climate in the Retention of Employees of Color, Institute of Race and Ethnicity, UWM Institute for Diversity, Education, and Leadership , $10,000.00 (2003 - 2004)
- Lei Wang, Jorge Gonzalez, "Racial/ethnic and national origin bias of student evaluation of teaching (SET).," Southern Management Academy Annual Conference, Lexington, KY (2018)
- Lei Wang and Jorge Gonzalez. "Racial and Gender Biases in Leader Effectiveness Evaluations: Evidence from a Video Study," Academy of Management meeting, Chicago (August 2018)
- Salvador Contreras and Jorge Gonzalez. "The role of organizational change on stress, work attitudes, and cognitive load utilization: Evidence from a natural experiment," Western Economic Association Meeting, San Diego (July 2018)
- Sarah Kimakwa and Jorge Gonzalez. "Founder-CEO Appointments Post-Initial Public Offering (IPO): A Cultural and Institutional Perspective ," 4th Biennial Conference of the Africa Academy of Management (AFAM), Africa Academy of Management, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia (January 2018)
- Miguel Baeza and Jorge Gonzalez. "Job Flexibility and job satisfaction among Mexican professionals: Do gender, dependents, and age matter? ," Business Association of Latin American Studies (BALAS). , Santiago, Chile (2017)
- Salvador Contreras and Jorge Gonzalez. "The Role of Organizational Change on Stress, Work Attitudes, and Cognitive Load Utilization: Evidence from a Natural Experiment. ," Western Economic Association Meeting, (2017)
- Jorge Gonzalez and Lorena Perez-Floriano. "Job-Related Risks, Injury, Stress, and Performance: A Study of Mexican Police Officers ," Southern Management Association, Charlotte, NC (2016)
- Subhajit Chakraborty and Jorge Gonzalez. "Lean healthcare: An integrated hospital supply chain view," Southern Management Association, Charlotte, NC (2016)
- Azadeh Zamanian and Jorge Gonzalez. "An Investigation of the Impact of Team Members’ Multiculturalism and the Diversity of Outside Ties on Team Creativity," Decision Sciences International, Seattle, WA (2015)
- Jorge Gonzalez. "Friends and Family: The role of relationships in community and workplace attachment. ," Academy of Management, Lake Buena Vista (Orlando), FL (August 2013)
- MGMT 6330 90L - Organizational Behavior:
- Course Evaluations
- BADM 9391 15 - Dissertation-Extension:
- Course Evaluations
SUMMER II 2018
FALL 2017 MODULE 2
SUMMER II 2017