John W. Darcy
Phone: (956) 665-7316
Dr. John W. Darcy
CPA and international tax attorney with the international law firm of Morgan, Lewis and Bockius and advisor on foreign Law for Mitsui, Yasuda, Wani & Maeda in Tokyo, Japan.
- PhD, The University of Oklahoma, 2002
- JD, Law, University of San Francisco, 1987
- MBA, Taxation, Golden Gate University, 1980
- MS, Business Administration, California State University - San Francisco, 1980
- BA, East Asian Languages and Literatures, Indiana University - Bloomington, 1970
- John Darcy. Japan Master Tax Guide 2017-2018. CCH Wolters Kluwer, no. 15 July (3rd Quarter/Summer) 2017.
- John Darcy, Yun-chia Yan, Li-chuan Chou, and Ta-cheng Chang. "The Impact of Social Responsibility on Corporate Performance: Evidence from Taiwan," ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE RESEARCH 6, no. 2 (May 2017).
- John Darcy. Japan Master Tax Guide 2016/2017 (14th Edition). 2016.
- John Darcy. "Doing Business in Asia - Japanese Taxation Release 130," Doing Business in Asia. Thompson Reuters, January (1st Quarter/Winter) 2016.
- John Darcy. Japan Master Tax Guide 2015/2016 13th edition. Wolters Kluwer, 2015.
- John Darcy. "Reducing the Cyclical Variability of Local Taxes in Japan Using a Three-Factor Tax Base," JOURNAL OF INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS AND ECONOMICS 15, no. 2 (July (3rd Quarter/Summer) 2015): 95-106.
- John Darcy. "Developing Enhanced Relationships With Taxpayers: Survey Responses To Tax Administrators’ Evaluations Of Transfer Pricing Activities In Japan," JOURNAL OF INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS AND ECONOMICS (October (4th Quarter/Autumn) 2014).
- John Darcy. "Japanese Taxation System - Report 93," Japan Business Law Guide. CCH - Wolters Kluwer, September 2014.
- John Darcy. Japan Master Tax Guide, 12th Edition, 2014/2015. Tokyo: Wolters Kluwer - CCH.. Tokyo: Wolters Kluwer - CCH, 2014.
- John Darcy. "Japan Taxation 2013 ," Doing Business in Asia. Thomson Reuters, December 2013.
Selected Grants and Fellowships
- John Darcy. Undergraduate Research Initiative Grant, UTPA, (January 2009 - December 2009)
- John Darcy. Undergraduate Research Initiative Grant, (January 2008 - December 2008)
- John Darcy. ALPFA CPA Review Program, La Unidad Latina Foundation, (January 2006 - December 2007)
- John Darcy. La Unidad Latina Foundation Grant to support ALPHA CPA Review Program, (January 2006 - December 2006)
- John Darcy. Title V-Hispanic Serving institution Faculty Development Initiative Grant, (January 2006 - December 2006)
- John Darcy. Title V-Hispanic Serving Institution Faculty Development Initiative Grant, (January 2006 - December 2006)
- John Darcy, Russel Bird, and Nicholas Walters. "Tax Policy Issues Arising out of the Current Emergency Situation," CCH Tax Seminar, CCH, Tokyo, Japan (June 2011)
- John Darcy. "Japan in Crisis: In the Shadow of the Miracle," Oklahoma Foreign Policy Association, Foreign Policy Association, Oklahoma (February 1999)
- John Darcy. "Tax Planning for Joint Ventures in the Pacific Rim -- Indonesia," American Bar Association Annual Meeting, (August 1992)
- John Darcy. "How U.S. Tax Policy Affects Foreign Investment," Third Annual International Law Weekend, State Bar of California, International Law Section, California (January 1991)
- John Darcy. "Securitization of Commercial Real Property Under United States Law," Japan Productivity Center , Los Angeles (August 1990)
- John Darcy. "Portfolio Interest and Exempt Interest on Other Debt Obligations," State Bar of California on Planning for Inbound Transactions of Nonresident Aliens, Los Angeles (June 1990)
- John Darcy. "Tax Planning for U.S. Investment in Japan," American Bar Association National Institute, Los Angeles (1989)
SUMMER II 2018
SUMMER II 2017