Dr. John Abraham
Professor at PANAM, UTPA, UTRGV since 1976. Currently teaching Computer Networks and eCommerce. Dr. Abraham is conducting research in Personal Security using mobile devices.
Areas of Expertise
- Personal Security using mobile devices
- EdD, Health & Physical Education , University of Houston, 1986
- MEd, Allied Health Leadership, Baylor College of Medicine, 1974
- BS, Biology, Chemistry and Clinical Laboratory Sciences , Lubbock Christian University, 1972
- Bin Fu, Zhu Fengjuan, and John Abraham. A Model for Donation Verification. Online, New York: ACMSE 2018 Proceedings, Archive, no. arXiv:1708.07973 2018: 5.
- Craig Franke and John Abraham. "Efficient Processing of Semantic Web Queries in HBase and mySQL cluster," Washington DC: IT Professional, IEEE, 15, no. 3 June 2013: 36043.
- Artem Chebotko, and John Abraham. "Benchmarking Bottom-Up and Top-Down Strategies for SPARQL-to-SQL Query Translation," SWWS '12: Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Semantic Web and Web Services, The Steering Committee of The World Congress in Computer Science, Computer Engineering and Applied Computing (WorldComp), July (3rd Quarter/Summer) 2012: 1-7.
- Craig Franke, Samuel Morin, Artem Chebotko, and John Abraham. "Distributed Semantic Web Data Management in HBase and mySQL Cluster," Cloud Computing (CLOUD), 2011 IEEE International Conference on , July (3rd Quarter/Summer) 2011.
- Zhixiang Chen, Bin Fu, and John Abraham. "A quadratic lower bound for Rocchio’s similarity-based relevance feedback algorithm with a fixed query updating factor," Journal of combinatorial optimization 19, no. 2 (2010): 134–157.
- Irma Resendez, Pablo Martinez, and John Abraham. "An Introduction to Digital Forensics," Journal of Computer Education and Research 6, no. 2009-10 (February 2010).
- John Abraham and Mary Walker. "Assigning IP Addresses to Routers," ACET Journal of Computer Education and Research 6, no. 2009-10 (February 2010).
- John Abraham, Zhixiang Chen, Richard Fowler, Bin Fu, and Binhai Zhu. "On the Approximability of Some Haplotyping Problems," 5th International Conference on Algorithmic As- pects in Information and Management (AAIM'09), 2009.
- John Abraham, Zhixiang Chen, Richard Fowler, Bin Fu, and Binhai Zhu. "On the Approximability of Some Haplotyping Problems.," AAIM. 2009: 3–14.
- John Abraham, Zhixiang Chen, Richard Fowler, Bin Fu, and Binhai Zhu. "On the Approximability of Some Haplotyping Problems.," 2009: 3-14.
Selected Grants and Fellowships
- Mark Chu. MRI: Acquisition of a PC Cluster, High Performance Rio Grande Valley Cluster (HiRGV) , NSF, $976,250.42 ( )
- John Abraham. Graduate College Success Fund, UTRGV Graduate College, $5,000.00 (April 2016 - December 2016)
- John Abraham. "Redundancy Requirements for Computer Networks," 50th ACET Conference, Austin, TX , Austin (October 2014)
- John Abraham. "Replacing a Network Laboratory with Virtual Machines," 50th ACET Conference, Austin, TX , Austin (October 2014)
SUMMER II 2017