Phone: (956) 665-2542
Dr. Jennifer Lemanski
Dr. Jennifer Lemanski studies and teaches in the Mass Communication area. Her specific research interests lie in advertising, branding, and consumer processing and responses.
Areas of Expertise
- PhD, Mass Communication, University of Florida, 2007
- MA, Mass Communication, University of Florida, 2002
- BA, Psychology, Colgate University, 2000
- Young Joon Lim and Jennifer Lemanski. "Psychological Words in Music and Propagandistic Communication in Two Koreas over the DMZ," Journal of Creative Communications 12, no. 3 (2017): 159-170.
- Jennifer Lemanski, Louis Falk, and David Hinojosa. "McDonald’s and Its Menu – What are the Implications. ," McDonald’s and Its Menu – What Are The Implications. 6, no. 1 (August 2017): 1-18.
- Claudia Ramos, Jennifer Lemanski, and Young Joon Lim. "Company Responses to Online Complaints: Effects on Hispanic Consumers," e-Journal of Social & Behavioural Research in Business (July (3rd Quarter/Summer) 2017).
- Jennifer Lemanski. "Experiential Learning at the Undergraduate Level: Student and Client Considerations," The International Journal of Learning in Higher Education 22, no. 3 (2015): 67-75.
- Jennifer Lemanski and Jorge Villegas. "Selling Health to the Distracted: Consumer Responses to Source Credibility and Ad Appeal Type in A Direct-to-Consumer Advertisement," Health Marketing Quarterly 32, no. 3 (2015): 217-233.
- Jennifer Lemanski and Hyung-Seok Lee. "Attitude Certainty and Resistance to Persuasion: Investigating the Impact of Source Trustworthiness in Advertising," International Journal of Business and Social Science 3, no. 1 (2012): 66-75.
- Jennifer Lemanski. "Western Media Meets Eastern Tradition: Examining the views of Chinese - American Women on Beauty," Arts and Social Sciences 2012, no. 43 (2012): 1-10.
- Richard Waters, Jennifer Lemanski, "Revisiting Strategic Communication's Past to Understand the Present: Examining the Direction and Nature of Communication on Fortune 500 and Philanthrophy 400 web sites ," Corporate Communications: An International Journal 16, no. 2 (2011): 150-169.
- Jorge Villegas, Jennifer Lemanski, and Carlos Valdez. "Marianismo and Machismo: The Portrayal of Females in Mexican TV Commercials," Journal of International Consumer Marketing 22, (2010): 1-20.
- Hyung-Seok Lee, Jennifer Lemanski, and Jong Woo Jun. "Role of Gambling Media Exposure in Influencing Trajectories Among College Students," Journal of Gambling Studies 24, (2008): 25-37.
- Jennifer Lemanski and Young Joon Lim. "Personality Dimensions, Materialism, and Ability to Recall Brand Logos," American Psychological Association Annual Convention, San Francisco, CA (August 2018)
- Jennifer Lemanski and Young Joon Lim. "Personality, Materialism, and Consumer Use of Logos," International Journal of Arts and Sciences, Munich, Germany (July 2018)
- Jennifer Lemanski and Young Joon Lim. "What Does "Dr. Google" Say?: Search Results for Parents Seeking Vaccine Advice," National Conference on Health Communication, Marketing and Media, Atlanta, GA (August 2017)
- Young Joon Lim and Jennifer Lemanski. "The U.S. Decision on Paris Accord in Media Coverage," to International Conference on Interdisciplinary Social Sciences, Japan (July 2017)
- Louis Falk, Jennifer Lemanski, and David Hinojosa. "McDonald’s and Its Menu – What Are The Implications. ," International Academy of Business Discplines, IABD, New Orleans (March 2017)
- Jennifer Lemanski and John Cook. "Latino Students' Perceptions of the 2016 Election and The Impact of Social and Mass Media on their Opinions," National Association of Hispanic and Latino Studies International Conference, South Padre Island, TX (October 2016)
- Jorge Villegas and Jennifer Lemanski. "A Discussion of Research in Progress: Marianismo and Health Outcomes for Latino Females with Asthma," National Association of Hispanic and Latino Studies International Conference, South Padre Island, TX (October 2015)
- Jennifer Lemanski. "Using Real Clients in Mid-Level Ad/PR Classroom: Case Study and Lessons from an Initial Experience," Twenty First International Conference on Learning, New York (July 2014)
- Jennifer Lemanski and Jorge Villegas. "Does Relevance Matter for Cognitive and Affective Ad Response? ," American Psychological Association Conference, Consumer Psychology Divivsion, Orlando, Florida (2012)
- Jorge Villegas, Jennifer Lemanski, and Carlos Valdez. "Marianismo and Machismo: The Portrayal of Females in Mexican TV Commercials," American Academy of Advertising Conference, Cincinnati, Ohio (March 2009)
- COMM 4335 01R - Creative & Media Strategies:
- Course Evaluations
- COMM 3350 02 - Research in Communication:
- Course Evaluations
SUMMER I 2018
SUMMER I 2017
SUMMER II 2016
SUMMER I 2016