- PhD, Reading/Early Childhood/Language Arts Education, The University of Texas - Austin, 1985
- MEd, Elementary Education, Professional Supervision, Principal Certification, Bilingual Education, Kindergarten and Special Education Supervision Certification, The University of Texas - Pan American, 1974
- BS, Elementary Education, Texas A&M University - Kingsville, 1972
- Julia Cuevas and Hilda Medrano. "Alternativas al "Tiempo de Espera": Sugerencias Para la Aula y Casa," Aula Infantil (2014).
- Rica Ramirez and Hilda Medrano. "Bilingualism: Recommendations for Successful Participation in a Diverse and Global Society," (2013).
- Hilda Medrano and Jaime Curtis. "Number Sense: An Important Concept that Requires Instructional Attention in Early Childhood Education," Leaders of Learners (2013).
- Michael Whitacre, Isela Almaguer, Hilda Medrano, and A Bonilla. "Enhancing phonemic awareness: Motivating Hispanic children through read-alouds," Champaign, Ill.: International Journal of Learning 19, no. 2 (2012): 75-85.
- Hilda Medrano and James Curts. "Alignment of State Standards and Teacher Preparation Program Standards," The National Evaluation System 19th Annual Conference Book. Amherst, MA: National Evaluation System, Inc., 2004.
- Hilda Medrano and James Curts. What Is a Qualified, Capable Teacher?. Alignment of State Standards and Teacher Preparation Program Standards. National Evaluation System, Inc, 2004.
Selected Grants and Fellowships
- Irasema Gonzalez. Texas School Ready Lead Agent Grant, Children's Learning Institute UTHealth Science Center Houston, $348,720.00 (August 2017 - August 2019)
- Hilda Medrano. Early Head Start Continuation Proposal , Administration for Children and Families, $7,052,093.00 (September 1, 2017 - August 31, 2018)
- Irasema Gonzalez. Improving Early Childhood Education Teacher Preparation, UT Health Science Center -Children's Learning Institute, $84,000.00 (August 2013 - August 2015)
- Isela Almaguer. Improving Teacher Preparation Grant (ITP), UT Health Science Center, Children's Learning Institute, $84,000.00 (August 2013 - August 2015)
- Hilda Medrano. Project STARS: Supporting Teachers Across Rural Schools, U.S. Department of Education, $1,500,000.00 (2003 - 2008)
- Hilda Medrano. UTPA GEAR UP: Si Se Puede Project-Yes You Can go to College!, U.S. Department of Education, $27,924,885.00 (2000 - 2005)
- Hilda Medrano. Project Build: Building Understanding for the Improvement of Literacy Development, Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB), $114,925.00 (2002 - 2004)
- Hilda Medrano. Head Start Higher Education Hispanic Service Partnerships, Administration on Children and Youth (ACYF), $600,000.00 (2000 - 2004)
- Hilda Medrano. Teacher Quality: Recruitment (STCPDT Recruitment Center), U.S. Department of Education, $347,812.00 (1999 - 2002)
- Hilda Medrano. Recruitment: Elementary Teachers Shortages, State Board for Educator Certification, $100,000.00 (1998 - 1999)
- Hilda Medrano, Jesus Vela, and Yvetter Guerrero. "Early Head Start-Child Care Partnerships," South by Southwest Regional Head Start Conference, South by Southwest, South Padre Island, TX (July 2017)
- Ana Castillo, Norma Salazar, Elda Perez, and Hilda Medrano. "School Readiness in an Infant and Toddler Classroom," Texas Headstart Association Summer Training Conference, Texas Headstart Association, Sugar Land, TX (July 2017)
- Araceli Rivas, Roman Garcia de Alba, Jaime Curts, and Hilda Medrano. "Repositioning the Measurement of Quality in Early Care and Education to Latino Families along the Border," International Research Forum, National Association of Hispanic and Latino Studies, South Padre Island (October 2016)
- Ralph Carlson, R Flores, C Vang, Hilda Medrano, A Molina, and D Pizana. "Reading Achievement and Children from Disease Sociocultural and Linguistic Background," International Congress of Psychology Conference, International Congress of Psychology, Yokohama, Japan (July 2016)
- Hilda Medrano, Irasema Gonzalez, and Michael Whtiacre. "Language and Literacy Development of Young Emergent Bilinguals Through Symbolic Play," National Training Institute 0-3 , Seattle Wa. (December 2015)
- Ralph Carlson, Hilda Medrano, H Barboza, J Chung, and A Molina. "Sociocultural-Linguistic Diversity and Performance on Nested Multilevel Measures," International Psychometric Society, International Psychometric Society, Beijing, China (July 2015)
- Ralph Carlson, Hilda Medrano, J Barboza, J Chung, and Y Molina. "Two Groups of Rapists’ Performance on the MMPI-2 Clinical Scale. 27th," Association for Psychological Science Annual Convention, Association for Psychological Science, New York, NY (May 2015)
- Ralph Carlson, J Barboza, Hilda Medrano, and H Flores. " Linguistic and Socio-Cultural Diversity and Nested/Hierarchical Measures.," International Congress of Applied Psychology, Applied Psychology, Paris, FR (July 2014)
- Ralph Carlson, Hilda Medrano, J Barbosa, R Ramos, Y Chung, and A Sesin. "Performance of Rapists on the MMPI-2. ," 26th Association for Psychological Science Annual Convention, Association for Psychological Science, San Francisco, CA (May 2014)
- Isela Almaguer, Irasema Gonzalez, Hilda Medrano, and Michael Whitacre. "Using Literacy Centers to Foster Language and Literacy in Dual Language Early Childhood Classrooms.," National Association of Bilingua Educators , San DIego, California (February 2014)