- PhD, Curriculum and Instruction, The University of Texas at Austin, 1985
- MEd, Supervision, The University of Texas - Pan American, 1974
- BS, Elementary Education, Texas A&M University - Kingsville, 1972
- Julia Cuevas and Hilda Medrano. "Alternativas al "Tiempo de Espera": Sugerencias Para la Aula y Casa," Aula Infantil (2014).
- Rica Ramirez and Hilda Medrano. "Bilingualism: Recommendations for Successful Participation in a Diverse and Global Society," (2013).
- Hilda Medrano and Jaime Curtis. "Number Sense: An Important Concept that Requires Instructional Attention in Early Childhood Education," Leaders of Learners (2013).
- Michael Whitacre, Isela Almaguer, Hilda Medrano, and A Bonilla. "Enhancing phonemic awareness: Motivating Hispanic children through read-alouds," Champaign, Ill.: International Journal of Learning 19, no. 2 (2012): 75-85.
- Hilda Medrano and James Curts. "Alignment of State Standards and Teacher Preparation Program Standards," The National Evaluation System 19th Annual Conference Book. Amherst, MA: National Evaluation System, Inc., 2004.
- Hilda Medrano and James Curts. What Is a Qualified, Capable Teacher?. Alignment of State Standards and Teacher Preparation Program Standards. National Evaluation System, Inc, 2004.
Selected Grants and Fellowships
- Hilda Medrano. Early Head Start Continuation Proposal , Administration for Children and Families, $7,052,093.00 (August 1, 2018 - August 31, 2019)
- Irasema Gonzalez. Texas School Ready Lead Agent Grant, Children's Learning Institute UTHealth Science Center Houston, $348,720.00 (August 2017 - August 2019)
- Hilda Medrano. Early Head Start Continuation Proposal , Administration for Children and Families, $7,052,093.00 (September 1, 2017 - August 31, 2018)
- Irasema Gonzalez. Improving Early Childhood Education Teacher Preparation, UT Health Science Center -Children's Learning Institute, $84,000.00 (August 2013 - August 2015)
- Isela Almaguer. Improving Teacher Preparation Grant (ITP), UT Health Science Center, Children's Learning Institute, $84,000.00 (August 2013 - August 2015)
- Hilda Medrano. Project STARS: Supporting Teachers Across Rural Schools, U.S. Department of Education, $1,500,000.00 (2003 - 2008)
- Hilda Medrano. UTPA GEAR UP: Si Se Puede Project-Yes You Can go to College!, U.S. Department of Education, $27,924,885.00 (2000 - 2005)
- Hilda Medrano. Project Build: Building Understanding for the Improvement of Literacy Development, Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB), $114,925.00 (2002 - 2004)
- Hilda Medrano. Head Start Higher Education Hispanic Service Partnerships, Administration on Children and Youth (ACYF), $600,000.00 (2000 - 2004)
- Hilda Medrano. Teacher Quality: Recruitment (STCPDT Recruitment Center), U.S. Department of Education, $347,812.00 (1999 - 2002)
- Julie Cuevas and Hilda Medrano. "Empowering emergent bilingual infants using picture book sharing experiences: An autoethnography narrative," National Association of Bilingual Education 2019 48th Annual Conference, National Association of Bilingual Education, Lake Buena Vista, Florida (March 2019)
- Hilda Medrano. "Brain-based, play-based pre-service professional development," UTRGV-PSJA ISD-CCP-Program Summer Camp, PSJA, Pharr, TX (July 2018)
- Graciela Rodriguez, Ralph Carlson, Carlo Flores, Hilda Medrano, and Charles Negy. "Relationship Between Reading Conprehension and Socio-Cultural Linguistic Backgrounds of Mexican American Children," Western Psychological Association Convention, Western Psychological Association Convention, Portland, OR (April 2018)
- julie Cu and Hilda Medrano. " Culturally relevant literature in a kindergarten Spanish-speaking classroom: An autoethnography narrative," National Association of Bilingual Education 2018 47th Annual Conference, National Association of Bilingual Education, Albuquerque, New Mexico (March 2018)
- Hilda Medrano, Jesus Vela, and Yvetter Guerrero. "Early Head Start-Child Care Partnerships," South by Southwest Regional Head Start Conference, South by Southwest, South Padre Island, TX (July 2017)
- Ana Castillo, Norma Salazar, Elda Perez, and Hilda Medrano. "School Readiness in an Infant and Toddler Classroom," Texas Headstart Association Summer Training Conference, Texas Headstart Association, Sugar Land, TX (July 2017)
- Araceli Rivas, Roman Garcia de Alba, Jaime Curts, and Hilda Medrano. "Repositioning the Measurement of Quality in Early Care and Education to Latino Families along the Border," International Research Forum, National Association of Hispanic and Latino Studies, South Padre Island (October 2016)
- Ralph Carlson, R Flores, C Vang, Hilda Medrano, A Molina, and D Pizana. "Reading Achievement and Children from Disease Sociocultural and Linguistic Background," International Congress of Psychology Conference, International Congress of Psychology, Yokohama, Japan (July 2016)
- Hilda Medrano, Irasema Gonzalez, and Michael Whtiacre. "Language and Literacy Development of Young Emergent Bilinguals Through Symbolic Play," National Training Institute 0-3 , Seattle Wa. (December 2015)
- Ralph Carlson, Hilda Medrano, H Barboza, J Chung, and A Molina. "Sociocultural-Linguistic Diversity and Performance on Nested Multilevel Measures," International Psychometric Society, International Psychometric Society, Beijing, China (July 2015)
- ECED 6302 01 - Practice/Planning & Curriculum:
- Course Evaluations
- ECED 6306 01 - Literacy in EC Education:
- Course Evaluations