Phone: (956) 665-3841
Dr. George Atisa
Dr. Atisa is currently teaching Planning, Public Policy, Politics of Scarcity, Public Finance, Policy Formulation and Intergovernmental Relations. He research is on sustainable development and governance.
Areas of Expertise
- Public Policy
- Government and Non-Profit Sector Collaboration
- Environmental conservation and role of government
- Organizational theory and Behavior
- PhD, Public Affairs, Florida International University, 2014
- MS, Environmental Studies, Florida International University, 2009
- MA, Economics, University of Nairobi, 2003
- BA, Economics and Business Studies, Kenyatta University, 1992
- George Atisa, Aziza Zemrani, and Matthew Weiss. "Mainstreaming indigenous people’s environmental concerns: the missing piece in ongoing political and administrative decentralization in Africa. ," Yes. Toronto: Journal of Sustainable Development 11, no. 5 (October (4th Quarter/Autumn) 2018): 24.
- M Bhat, M McClain, D Ombara, W Kasanga, and George Atisa. "Payment for Watershed Services in the Mara River Basin: Part I - Institutions and Stakeholder Engagement," Nile River basin: Ecohydrological Challenges, Climate Change and Hydropolitics. Springer, 2014.
- George Atisa, Dennis Wiedman, "Using Historical Information and Data to Strengthen Planning for Environmental Protection and Management at Everglades National Park (ENP), South Florida. Journal of Nature Conservation.," No. Journal of Nature Conservation .
- George Atisa, Mahadev Bhat, Jean-Claude Garcia-Zamor, "Measuring Compliance and Implementation of International Environmental Treaties: The Case Study of the Convention on Biological Diversity.," Yes. Innternational Journal of Environmental Policy and Governance .
- George Atisa, M Bhat, and E Mclain. "Economic Assessment of Best Management Practices in the Mara River Basin: Toward Implementation of Payment for Watershed Services," Journal of Water Resources Management .
- Aziza Zemrani and GOERGE ATISA. "Training through Public Administration for Better Public Service," ASPA/RIGGS SYMPOSIUM, ASPA/SICA, ATLANTA (March 2017)
- George Atisa, Aziza Zemrani, "Mainstreaming Indigenous Peoples Environmental Concerns: Minssing Piece in Ongoing Political and and Administrative Decentralization in Africa," Saluting the Public Service: The Bold and Noble Profession, American Society for Public Administration (ASPA), Atlanta, Geogia (March 2017)
- George Atisa, Aziza Zemrani, "Mainstreaming Indigenous Peoples Environmental Concerns: Minssing Piece in Ongoing Political and and Administrative Decentralization in Africa," UN Climate Change Conference, UNDP, Marrakech, Morrocco (November 2016)
- George Atisa and Aziza Zemrani. "National versus Local Government Implementation of Public Programs: Real solutions or White Elephant Phenomenon.," New Traditions in Public Administration, American Society for Public Administration (ASPA), Seattle, Washington (March 2016)
- George Atisa and Aziza Zemrani. "Analysis of local level collaboration with higher institutions of learning can produce best global climate change solutions: The Role of the University of Texas-Pan American in the Rio Grande Valley. ," Consortium of International Management Policy and Development, Livingston, Zambia (June 2015)
- George Atisa, Jean-Claude Garcia-Zamor, and Mahadev BHat . "Measuring Compliance and Implementation of International Environmental Treaties: The Case Study of the Convention on Biological Diversity," Relationship between public administration and building a strong society, American Society for Public Administration (ASPA), Chicago, Illinois (March 2015)
- PAFF 6304 02I - Budgeting & Finance:
- Course Evaluations
- PAFF 6304 01I - Budgeting & Finance:
- Course Evaluations
SUMMER 2018 MODULE 2
SUMMER 2018 MODULE 1
SPRING 2018 MODULE 1
FALL 2017 MODULE 2
SUMMER 2017 MODULE 2
SUMMER 2017 MODULE 1
FALL 2016 MODULE 2