A. Fuat Firat
Phone: (956) 665-2092
Dr. A. Fuat Firat
- PhD, Management, Northwestern University, 1978
- Licenci en Economie, Faculty of Economics, Istanbul University, 1970
- A Fuat FIRAT and Nikhilesh Dholakia. "The Consumer Culture Theory Movement: Critique and Renewal," New York & London: Contemporary Consumer Culture Theory; Routledge, 2017: 195-214.
- Mohammadali Zolfagharian, Fei Weisstein, and Fuat Firat. "Price: Meanings and Significance," Review of Marketing Research: Qualitative Consumer and Marketing Research. Review of Marketing Research, 14, August 2017: 161-174.
- A Fuat FIRAT and Nikhilesh Dholakia. "From Consumer to Construer: Travels in Human Subjectivity," Journal of Consumer Culture 0, no. 0 Pre-pub Online (March 2017).
- Nikhilesh Dholakia and A Fuat FIRAT. "Mystifying class: Marketing of inequality and the rise of delusive consciousness," Marketing Theory 16, no. 3 (2016): 406-410.
- A Fuat FIRAT. "The Dynamics of the Local and the Global: Implications for Marketing and Development," Markets, Globalization & Development Review 1, no. 1 (2016).
- Bernardo Figueiredo, Jessica Chelekis, Benet DeBerry-Spence, A Fuat FIRAT, "Developing Markets? Understanding the Role of Markets and Development at the Intersection of Macromarketing and Transformative Consumer Research (TCR)," Journal of Macromarketing 35, no. 2 (2015): 257-271.
- Handan Vicdan and A Fuat FIRAT. "Evolving Desire to Experience the Social 'Other': Insights from the High Society Bazaar," Journal of Consumer Culture. Journal of Consumer Culture 15, no. 2 (2015): 248-276.
- A Fuat FIRAT. "The Symbolic and Social Business," Social Business 5, no. 3 (2015): 213-227.
- Ella Lillqvist, Johanna Moisander, and A Fuat FIRAT. "Communicative Constitution of Legitimacy in an Emerging Organization Foeld: Negotiating the Acceptance of Marketing Communication on Reddit," EGOS Conference Proceedings, July (3rd Quarter/Summer) 2015.
- A Fuat FIRAT. "How Is Humanistic Marketing Possible?," New York, NY: Humanistic Marketing; Palgrave Macmillan, 2014: 126-133.
- Deniz Atik, Fuat Firat, and Ebru Uzunoglu. "Surviving Modernity," International Society of Markets and Development (ISMD), 14th Biennial Conference, ISMD, Lima, Peru (August 2016)
- Fuat Firat. "Globalization, Fragmentation and the Future," The University of Rhode Island, Kingston, RI (April 2016)
- Fuat Firat. "Globalization and Transformative Consumer Research," Lenna Lecture, St. Bonaventure University, Olean, NY (April 2016)
- Fuat Firat. "The Symbolic and Social Business," Second International Social Business Conference, Eskisehir, Turkey (June 2015)
- Fuat Firat. "Significance of the Presence of Absence," Winter AMA Educators' Conference, American Marketing Assoc., San Antonio, TX (February 2015)
- Fuat Firat. "Consumer Research--Modern and Postmodern," Aalto University, Helsinki, Finland (June 2014)
- Fuat Firat. "Iconographic Culture, Communications & Theory," University of Economics, Izmir, Turkey (May 2014)
- Fei Weisstein, Mohammadali Zolfagharian, and Fuat Firat. "Revisiting the Meaning of Price," ABR Annual Conference, Academy of Business Research, San Antonio, TX (September 2013)
- Fuat Firat. "Future Human Subjectivity," Izmir University of Economics, Izmir, Turkey (June 2013)
- Fuat Firat. "Exploring the Dynamics of Marketplace Inclusion and Consumption in Bazaars as New Retail Spaces," Consumer Culture Theory Conference, Tucson, AZ (June 2013)
- MARK 4399 90L - Marketing Strategy (Capstone):
- Course Evaluations
- MARK 8314 01 - Markets & Globalization:
- Course Evaluations