Fredrick A. Jenet
Phone: (956) 882-5131
Dr. Fredrick A. Jenet
Innovative astrophysicist, researcher, and inspiring educator whose research and activities are creating new models of education and advancing technologies for space exploration and related fields. NewSpace Innovator and founder of the Center for Advanced Radio Astronomy, ARCC, and STARGATE.
Areas of Expertise
- Space Exploration
- Radio Frequency Technology
- PhD, Physics, California Institute of Technology, 2001
- S.B., Physics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1993
- Ryan Lynch, Joseph Swiggum, David Kaplan, Kevin Stovall, Emmanuel Fonseca, Lina Levin, Megan DeCesar, Bingyi Cui, S. Cenko, Pradip Gatkine, Anne Archibald, Shawn Banaszak, Christopher Biwer, Jason Boyles, Pragya Chawla, Louis Dartez, David Day, Anthony Ford, Joseph Flanigan, Jesus Hinojosa, Fredrick Jenet, Chen Karako-Argaman, Victoria Kaspi, Sean Leake, Grady Lunsford, Jose Martinez, Alberto Mata, Maura McLaughlin, Scott Ransom, Matthew Rohr, Xavier Siemens, Renee Spiewak, Ingrid Stairs, Arielle Walker, and Bradley Wells. "The Green Bank North Celestial Cap Pulsar Survey. III. 45 New Pulsar Timing Solutions," ASTROPHYSICAL JOURNAL 859, no. 2 (2018).
- Zaven Arzoumanian, Adam Brazier, Sarah Burke-Spolaor, Sydney Chamberlin, Shami Chatterjee, Brian Christy, James Cordes, Neil Cornish, Fronefield Crawford, H. Cromartie, Kathryn Crowter, Megan DeCesar, Paul Demorest, Timothy Dolch, Justin Ellis, Robert Ferdman, Elizabeth Ferrara, Emmanuel Fonseca, Nathan Garver-Daniels, Peter Gentile, Daniel Halmrast, E. Huerta, Fredrick Jenet, Cody Jessup, Glenn Jones, Megan Jones, David Kaplan, Michael Lam, Lina Levin, Andrea Lommen, Duncan Lorimer, Jing Luo, Ryan Lynch, Dustin Madison, Allison Matthews, Maura McLaughlin, Sean McWilliams, Chiara Mingarelli, Cherry Ng, David Nice, Timothy Pennucci, Scott Ransom, Paul Ray, Xavier Siemens, Joseph Simon, Renee Spiewak, Ingrid Stairs, Daniel Stinebring, Kevin Stovall, Joseph Swiggum, Stephen Taylor, Michele Vallisneri, Sarah Vigeland, and Weiwei Zhu. "The NANOGrav 11-year Data Set: High-precision Timing of 45 Millisecond Pulsars," ASTROPHYSICAL JOURNAL SUPPLEMENT SERIES 235, no. 2 (2018).
- E. Parent, V. Kaspi, S. Ransom, M. Krasteva, C. Patel, P. Scholz, A. Brazier, M. McLaughlin, M. Boyce, W. Zhu, Z. Pleunis, B. Allen, S. Bogdanov, K. Caballero, F. Camilo, R. Camuccio, S. Chatterjee, J. Cordes, F. Crawford, J. Deneva, R. Ferdman, P. Freire, J. Hessels, Fredrick Jenet, B. Knispel, P. Lazarus, J. Leeuwen, A. Lyne, R. Lynch, A. Seymour, X. Siemens, I. Stairs, K. Stovall, and J. Swiggum. "The Implementation of a Fast-folding Pipeline for Long-period Pulsar Searching in the PALFA Survey," Astrophysical Journal 861, no. 1 (July (3rd Quarter/Summer) 2018).
- Yingchen Yang, Fredrick Jenet, Ben Xu, Juan Carlos Garza, Benjamin Tamayo, Yessica Chavez, Oscar Reyes, and Samuel Fuentes. "A parametric study on wave interaction with a rotor having hydrofoil blades," Proceedings of ASME 2018 Power and Energy Conference, June 2018: 6.
- Yingchen Yang, Fredrick Jenet, Deyanira Jimenez, Brandon Benavides, Jesus Cerda, and Angel Lopez. "Responsiveness comparison between a lift-type and drag-type rotor in waves," Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Sustainable and Renewable Energy Engineering, May 2018: 7.
- A. Kawash, M. McLaughlin, D. Kaplan, M. Decesar, L. Levin, D. Lorimer, R. Lynch, K. Stovall, J. Swiggum, E. Fonseca, A. Archibald, S. Banaszak, C. Biwer, J. Boyles, B. Cui, L. Dartez, D. Day, S. Ernst, A. Ford, J. Flanigan, S. Heatherly, J. Hessels, J. Hinojosa, Fredrick Jenet, C. Karako-Argaman, V. Kaspi, V. Kondratiev, S. Leake, G. Lunsford, J. Martinez, A. Mata, T. Matheny, A. McEwen, M. Mingyar, A. Orsini, S. Ransom, M. Roberts, M. Rohr, X. Siemens, R. Spiewak, I. Stairs, J. Leeuwen, A. Walker, and B. Wells. "The Green Bank Northern Celestial Cap Pulsar Survey. II. the Discovery and Timing of 10 Pulsars," Astrophysical Journal 857, no. 2 (April (2nd Quarter/Spring) 2018).
- K. Stovall, P. Freire, S. Chatterjee, P. Demorest, D. Lorimer, M. McLaughlin, N. Pol, J. Van Leeuwen, R. Wharton, B. Allen, M. Boyce, A. Brazier, K. Caballero, F. Camilo, R. Camuccio, J. Cordes, F. Crawford, J. Deneva, R. Ferdman, J. Hessels, Fredrick Jenet, V. Kaspi, B. Knispel, P. Lazarus, R. Lynch, E. Parent, C. Patel, Z. Pleunis, S. Ransom, P. Scholz, A. Seymour, X. Siemens, I. Stairs, J. Swiggum, and W. Zhu. "PALFA Discovery of a Highly Relativistic Double Neutron Star Binary," Astrophysical Journal Letters 854, no. 2 (February 2018).
- J. Martinez, K. Stovall, P. Freire, J. Deneva, T. Tauris, A. Ridolfi, N. Wex, Fredrick Jenet, M. McLaughlin, and M. Bagchi. "Pulsar J1411+2551: A Low-mass Double Neutron Star System," Astrophysical Journal Letters 851, no. 2 (December 2017).
- Yan Wang, James Cordes, Fredrick Jenet, Shami Chatterjee, Paul Demorest, Timothy Dolch, Justin Ellis, Michael Lam, Dustin Madison, Maura McLaughlin, Delphine Perrodin, Joanna Rankin, Xavier Siemens, and Michele Vallisneri. "Statistical analyses for NANOGrav 5-year timing residuals," Research in Astronomy and Astrophysics 17, no. 2 (February 2017): 19.
- A.G. Lyne, B.W. Stappers, S. Bogdanov, R.D. Ferdman, P.C.C. Freire, V.M. Kaspi, B. Knispel, R. Lynch, B. Allen, A. Brazier, F. Camilo, F. Cardoso, S. Chatterjee, J.M. Cordes, F. Crawford, J.S. Deneva, J.W.T. Hessels, F.A. Jenet, P. Lazarus, J. van Leeuwen, D.R. Lorimer, E. Madsen, J. McKee, M.A. McLaughlin, E. Parent, C. Patel, S.M. Ransom, P. Scholz, A. Seymour, X. Siemens, L.G. Spitler, I.H. Stairs, K. Stovall, J. Swiggum, R.S. Wharton, W.W. Zhu, C. Aulbert, O. Bock, H.-B. Eggenstein, H. Fehrmann, and B. Machenschalk. "Timing of 29 Pulsars Discovered in the PALFA Survey," The Astrophysical Journal 834, (January (1st Quarter/Winter) 2017): 137.
Selected Grants and Fellowships
- Fredrick Jenet. STARGATE, Texas Emerging Technology Fund, $4,300,000.00 (2017 - 2022)
- Fredrick Jenet. NANOGrav Physics Frontier Center, NSF, $1,000,000.00 ( 2020)
- Fredrick Jenet. Collaborative Research: Radio Frequency Interference Aware Radio Astronomy Systems, NSF, $325,000.00 (2016 - 2018)
- Fredrick Jenet. STARGATE, UT System, $4,600,000.00 (2015 - 2018)
- Fredrick Jenet. STARGATE, Economic Development Agency, $1,200,000.00 (2015 - 2018)
- Fredrick Jenet. The CGWA in the Era of Multimessenger Astronomy, NSF CREST, $5,000,000.00 (2012 - 2017)
- Fredrick Jenet. The STARGATE Academy, Brownsville Independent School District, $24,000.00 (May 2017 - August 2017)
- Fredrick Jenet. STARGATE, Greater Brownsville Incentive Corporation, $500,000.00 ( 2015)
- Fredrick Jenet. LoFASM: A Low Frequency All Sky Monitor for Radio Transients and Students Training, Department of Defense, $640,000.00 (2012 - 2015)
- Fredrick Jenet. PIRE:An International Pulsar Timing Array for Gravitational Wave Detection, NSF Partnership for International Research and Education, $6,800,000.00 (2010 - 2015)
- Yingchen Yang, Fredrick Jenet, Ben Xu, Juan Carlos Garza, Benjamin Tamayo, Yessica Chave, Oscar Reyes, and Samuel Fuentes. "A parametric study on wave interaction with a rotor having hydrofoil blades," ASME 2018 Power and Energy Conference, American Society of Mechanical Engineering, Florida, USA (June 2018)
- Yingchen Yang, Fredrick Jenet, Deyanira Jimenez, Brandon Benavides, Jesus Cerda, and Angel Lopez. "Responsiveness comparison between a lift-type and drag-type rotor in waves," 3rd International Conference on Sustainable and Renewable Energy Engineering, Zamora, Spain (May 2018)
- Fredrick Jenet. "Intelligent Manufacturing," ConTex First Scientific Roundtable, UT System, San Antonio (2017)
- Fredrick Jenet. "NewSpace: The dawn of a new space age," Mexico City (November 2017)
- Fredrick Jenet. "NewSpace: The dawn of the next space age," Lunch Talk at Pioneer Natural Resources, Pioneer Naturel Resources, Dallas (October 2017)
- Fredrick Jenet. "NewSpace: the dawn of the next space age.," TxACE Symposium 2017, University of Texas at Dallas, UT Dallas (October 2017)
- Fredrick Jenet. "The STARGATE program," Tech Champs at Space Center Houston, Houston Technology Center, NASA JSC (2016)
- Fredrick Jenet. "UTRGV's STARGATE program," Tech Champs at Space Center Houston, Houston Technology Center, NASA JSC (2016)
- Fredrick Jenet. "Space Industry Development," The Governors Small Business Fourm, Brownsville Chamber of Comerce, Brownsville (2016)
- Fredrick Jenet. "If Earth Falls, Will Interstellar Travel Be Our Salvation?," STARGATE Talks International, Sebastian Foundation, Mexico City (2015)
- PHYS 7300 01 - Thesis I:
- Course Evaluations
- PHYS 6396 03 - Graduate Research I:
- Course Evaluations
- ASTR 1401 07 - Intro to Astronomy I:
- Course Evaluations