Phone: (956) 882-5850
Dr. Eunice Lerma
Areas of Expertise
- Latinos Counseling
- At-Risk and Adjudicated Youth
- PhD, Counselor Education, Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi, 2010
- MEd, Counseling and Guidance, The University of Texas - Pan American, 2005
- BS, Kinesiology, The University of Texas - Pan American, 2003
- Eunice Lerma. The Texas Model for Comprehensive School Counseling Programs, 5th ed.. Austin, TX: Texas Education Agency, 2017.
- Lionel Cavazos, Eunice Lerma, James Ikonomopoulos, "Evaluation of the Life Satisfaction and Subjective Happiness scales with Mexican American college students. ," Hispanic Journal of Behavioral Sciences 39, (February 2017): 34-45.
- Lionel Cavazos, Brande Flamez, Gregory Sparrow, and Eunice Lerma. "Understanding school counselors’ support as predictors of Mexican American adolescents’ college-going self-efficacy. ," Journal of School Counseling 14, (2016): 1-28.
- Miryam Espinosa-Dulanto and Eunice Lerma. Exploring the Impact that Family and Gender Roles Play in the Lives of Latina First Generation College Students. The International Conference on Poverty, Globalization and Schooling: A Holistic Approach. , September 2016.
- Eunice Lerma, Manuel Zamarripa, Marvarine Oliver, and Lionel Cavazos. "Making Our Way Through: Voices of Hispanic Counselor Educators," Counselor Education and Supervision 54, no. 3 (September 2015): 162-175.
- Lionel Cavazos, Eunice Lerma, Karina Hinojosa, Omar Hernandez-Duque, and Stacey Gonzalez. "Positive Psychology and Familial Factors as Predictors of Latina/o Students’ Hope and College Performance," Hispanic Journal of Behavioral Sciences (2014): 0739986314550790.
- Javier Vela, Gregory Sparrow, Eunice Lerma, Michelle Cavazos, Megan Calvillo, and Stacey Gonzalez. "The Role of School Counselors to Help Teachers Understand Challenges That Impede Latina/o Students from Higher Education," (2014).
- Richard Ricard, Eunice Lerma, and Courtney Heard. "Piloting a Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) Infused Skills Group in a Disciplinary Alternative Education Program (DAEP)," The Journal for Specialists in Group Work 38, no. 4 (December 2013): 285-306.
- Manuel Zamarripa and Eunice Lerma. "School-Based Assessment with Latina/o Children and Adolescents," Guide to Psychological Assessment with Hispanics. Springer Nature, 2013: 335-349.
- Manuel Zamarripa , Lane Iliana, Eunice Lerma, and Holin Lyle . "Self-Knowledge and Identity in a Mexican American Counseling Course: A Qualitative Exploration," Hispanic Journal of Behavioral Sciences 33, no. 1 (2013): 88-104.
- Ernest Zambrano, Ernest Cox, Kessel Scott, Eunice Lerma, Solmonson Le'Ann, and Wines Lisa. "The 5th Edition of the Model Guide for School Counselor Program," Texas Counseling Association Personal Growth Conference, Texas Counseling Association, Galvestion, TX (November 2017)
- Melissa Alvarado , Eunice Lerma, and Channing Bolin. "Tools for Fostering Social and Emotional Wellness Among Children and Adolescents," Texas Counseling Association Personal Growth Conference, Texas Counseling Association, Galvestion, TX (November 2017)
- Lionel Cavazos, Eunice Lerma, James Whittenberg, Yvette Hinojosa, K. Rodriguez, and Mehmet Karaman. "The Role of Positive Psychology, Cultural, and Family Factors in Mexican American College Students’ Vocational Outcome Expectations," AERA 2017 Annual Meeting, San Antonio (April 2017)
- E Zambrano, E Cox, S Kessel, Eunice Lerma, L Solmonson, and L Wines. "The 5th Edition of the Model Guide for School Counselor Program," Personal Growth Conference, Texas Counseling Association, Dallas, TX (November 2016)
- Eunice Lerma. "Practicing Self-Care," Communities in Schools Professional Development Day, Communities in Schools, San Benito, TX (October 2016)
- Eunice Lerma and Lionel Cavazos. "Building Strong Character Skills," HCISD New Directions Leadership Series Retreat, Harlingen CISD, Edinburg, TX (August 2016)
- Eunice Lerma. "Understanding and Practicing Self-Care," Making a Difference Training, Cameron County Maggie's House, Harlingen, TX (August 2016)
- Eunice Lerma. "Counseling Para Adolescents," 1er Foro Internacional de Análisis de la Realidad Psicosocial e Intervención, la Universidad Autónoma de Coahuila, Escuela de Psicología, Saltillo, MX (February 2016)
- Eunice Lerma, Zita Flores , and Virginia Mendoza-Davila. "Helping Adolescents with Anger Issues," 22nd Annual SPI Counselors’ Institute, Rio Grande Valley Counseling Association, South Padre Island, TX (February 2016)
- Miryam Espinosa-Dulanto and Eunice Lerma. "Exploring the Impact that Family and Gender Roles Play in the Lives of Latina First Generation College Students," The International Conference on Poverty, Globalization and Schooling: A Holistic Approach, University of Central Florida (February 2016)
- COUN 6313 01R - Personal/Social Development:
- Course Evaluations
- COUN 6365 02 - Practicum:
- Course Evaluations
SUMMER I 2018
SUMMER I 2017
SUMMER I 2016