Assistant Professor in Practice
Phone: (956) 665-3156
Professor Elizabeth Goldberg
Elizabeth Goldberg is a Master Science Teacher for the UTRGV UTeach program.
Areas of Expertise
- Science education
- Inquiry-based learning
- MA, Science Education, The University of Texas - Austin, 2013
- BS, Biology, The University of Texas - Austin, 2008
- Elizabeth Goldberg Morphometric analysis of phytosaur premaxillae and maxillae. Austin, Texas: UT Electronic Theses and Dissertations , August 2013.
- Elizabeth Goldberg, Luis Bonachea, and Michael Ryan. Influence of predation risk on male courtship and mate choice in sailfin mollies, Poecilia latipinna. Austin, Texas: University of Texas at Austin, Texas Scholar Works, 2008.
- Elizabeth Goldberg. The Effects of Independent Scientific Research Projects on Student Interest In Science. .
Selected Grants and Fellowships
- Elizabeth Goldberg. PJ Library-Get Together Grant, Harold Grinspoon Foundation, $150.00 (August 6, 2017)
- Elizabeth Goldberg. McAllen Education Foundation Teacher Innovative Grant, McAllen Education Foundation, $776.16 (September 2014 - May 2015)
- Elizabeth Goldberg and Patricia Mendiola. "Fall 2018 UTeach RGV Program Classroom Interactions Mentor Teacher Meeting for J. Economedes High School Teachers, Dean of Instruction and Principal," Edinburg Consolidated Independent School District, Edinburg, TX (September 2018)
- Elizabeth Goldberg, Patricia Mendiola, Stacy Solis, Omar Elizondo, and Timothy Sears. "Fall 2018 UTeach RGV Program Apprentice Teaching Mentor Teacher Meeting for All Partner Teachers, Dean of Instructions and Principals," UTeach RGV, Edinburg, TX (August 2018)
- Elizabeth Goldberg. "Try It, I Dare You!," UTeach RGV Science Week, UTeach RGV, UTRGV (August 2018)
- Elizabeth Goldberg. "Hands-Free Inquiry," UTeach RGV Science Week, UTeach RGV, UTRGV (August 2018)
- Elizabeth Goldberg and Timothy Sears. "TExES Protocol for UTeach Program," TExES Discussion, UTRGV College of Education and P-16 Integration, Edinburg, TX (July 2018)
- Elizabeth Goldberg and Omar Elizondo. "Made You Look! How to Create Graphics to Capture the Attention of Students and Alumni," UTeach Conference, UTeach Institute, Austin, TX (May 2018)
- Elizabeth Goldberg, Kimberly Hughes, Ellen Granger, and Deborah Gober. "University Implementation Panel: Lessons Learned," UTeach Conference, UTeach Institute, Austin, TX (May 2018)
- Elizabeth Goldberg, Laurie Cavey, Tatia Totorica, Leslie Atkins, and Kelli Allen. "Apprentice Teaching Course Retreat," UTeach Conference, UTeach Institute, Austin, TX (May 2018)
- Elizabeth Goldberg. "Inquiry-Based Chemistry Lesson on Solutions," Terrific Tuesday Inquiry-Based Lessons, UTeach RGV, Edinburg, TX (March 2018)
- Timothy Sears and Elizabeth Goldberg. "Spring 2018 UTeach RGV Program Step 1 Mentor Teacher Meeting for Edinburg CISD Elementary Teachers and Principals," Edinburg Consolidated Independent School District, Edinburg, TX (February 2018)