Dr. Deniz Atik
Dr. Deniz Atik conducted her BBA and MBA in Georgia State University, Atlanta, and her PHD in Bocconi University, Milan Italy. She is one of the founding co-editors of Markets, Globalization & Development Review. Her research interest focuses on transformative consumer research and macromarketing, specifically theories of fashion, sustainability and vulnerable consumers. She has been contributing to well recognized academic marketing journals with her academic work. She taught marketing and consumer behavior in USA, Japan, Italy, France, Kazakhstan and Turkey.
Areas of Expertise
- Consumer Research
- Fashion and Sustainability
- Vulnerable Consumers
- Qualitative Research
- PhD, Consumer Behavior, Bocconi University, 2006
- MBA, Georgia State University, 2001
- BBA, Management, Georgia State University, 1994
- Aras Ozgun, Dicle Yurdakul, and Deniz Atik. "How Do Soap Operas Affect the Poor? Experiences of Turkish Women," Markets, Globalization & Development Review 2, no. 2 (2017).
- Deniz Atik and Nikhilesh Dholakia. Is a New Epoch Possible?. Markets, Globalization & Development Review, 2, no. 1 2017.
- Nikhilesh Dholakia and Deniz Atik. Globalization: Mere Hiccup, Major Convulsion or Mega Transformation?. Markets, Globalization & Development Review, 2, no. 3 October (4th Quarter/Autumn) 2017.
- Dicle Yurdakul, Deniz Atik, and Nikhilesh Dholakia. "Redefining the bottom of the pyramid from a marketing perspective," Marketing Theory 17, no. 3 (September 2017): 289-303.
- Aras Özgün, Nikhilesh Dholakia, and Deniz Atik. "Marketization and Foucault," Global Business Review 18, no. 3_suppl (June 2017): S191-S202.
- Nikhilesh Dholakia and Deniz Atik. "Markets, Globalization, Development: Charting the Intersections of Three Multipolar Concepts," Markets, Globalization & Development Review 1, no. 1 (2016).
- Dicle Yurdakul and Deniz Atik. "Coping with Poverty through Internalization and Resistance," Journal of Macromarketing 36, no. 3 (September 2016): 321-336.
- Zeynep Ertekin and Deniz Atik. "Aging of Youth through Fashion: Influential Dynamics and Societal Implications," Annual Macromarketing Conference. 2015: 38.
- Zeynep Ozdamar-Ertekin and Deniz Atik. "Challenges of Research With Children: Research Case on How Children Perceive Food," 40th Macromarketing Conference Proceedings, 2015.
- Murad Canbulut and Deniz Atik. "Consumer Vulnerability: What can Marketing do to Improve IndividualsÕ Well-Being Labeled as Disabled?," Annual Macromarketing Conference. 2015: 54.
- Zeynep Ozdamar Ertekin and Deniz Atik. "Emergence of Sustainable Markets in the Field of Fashion: Institutional actors as Initiators of Marketplace Dynamics," International Society of Markets and Development (ISMD), 14th Biennial Conference, ISMD, Lima, Peru (2016)
- Murad Canbulut and Deniz Atik. "Improving the Quality of Life of “Labeled as Disabled (LAD)” People through Marketing," International Society of Markets and Development (ISMD), 14th Biennial Conference, ISMD, Lima, Peru (August 2016)
- Deniz Atik, Fuat Firat, and Ebru Uzunoglu. "Surviving Modernity," International Society of Markets and Development (ISMD), 14th Biennial Conference, ISMD, Lima, Peru (August 2016)
- MARK 3340 01 - Consumer Behavior:
- Course Evaluations
- MARK 3300 92L - Principles of Marketing:
- Course Evaluations