Clinical Assistant Professor
Phone: (956) 362-3524
Dr. Deepu George
I am a behavioral science faculty with training in Clinical Psychology for my Masters from India and doctoral education in Human Development & Family Science, with a specialty in Medical Family Therapy & Integrated care.
Areas of Expertise
- Integrated behavioral health
- Behavioral Medicine in Primary Care
- Physician Wellness and Burnout
- Competency driven academic training
- Adrian Sandoval, Deepu George, Jimmy Gonzalez, Marco Escobedo, and Ashley Sandoval. "Integrated Care Curriculum: An Educational Journey of Disease State Management.," ACCP Ambulatory Care Pharmacist’s Survival Guide. Lenexa, Kansas: Amecrican College of Clinical Pharmacy, no. 4 October (4th Quarter/Autumn) 2017: 21.
- Matt Martin, Deepu George, and Deborah Teasley. "Integrated care and the AHEC mission," Journal of the National AHEC Organization 31, (June 2015): 15-18.
- Deepu George and Rebekah Hughey. "Aesthetics of change," Families, Systems, & Health 32, no. 4 (July (3rd Quarter/Summer) 2014): 436-438.
- Morgan Stinson, Deepu George, Megan McCoy, Lindsey Hjelmstead, Kayla Mennenga, and Maria Bermudez. "Finding your cadence: Introducing they dynamic developmental framework of supervision," Journal of Systemic Therapies 32, no. 4 (December 2013): 19-32.
- Jay Mancini, Deepu George, and Bryce Jorgensen. "Relational tourism: Observations on families and travel," Springer / New York: Handbook of Tourism and Quality of Life , July (3rd Quarter/Summer) 2010.
Selected Grants and Fellowships
- Deepu George. Si Texas: Primary Care Behavioral Health Implementation Program, Methodist Health Care Ministries of South Texas, Valley Baptist Legal Foundation, and Corporation for National and Community Service , $5,100,000.00 (August 2019)
- Deepu George. Si Texas: Social Innovations for a Healthy South Texas, Social Innovation Fund, Methodist Healthcare Ministries, Valley Baptist Legacy Foundaion, $3,256,038.00 (May 2015 - August 2019)
- Deepu George, Veronica Salazar, and James Fahey. "Increasing access and reducing stigma: Integrated behavioral health at a Family Medicine Residency program," Society for Behavioral Medicine Annual Conference, Society for Behavioral Medicine, New Orleans, LA (April 2018)