Dr. Daniel Chomsky
- PhD, Political Science, Northwestern University, 1999
- BA, Political Science, Temple University, 1984
- Daniel Chomsky. "Why Americans' Hatred of Taxes Is Fake News". Institute for New Economic Thinking, April (2nd Quarter/Spring) 2018.
- Daniel Chomsky. “A Distorting Mirror: Major Media Coverage of Americans’ Tax Policy Preferences,”. Institute for New Economic Thinking, Working Paper No. 73, April (2nd Quarter/Spring) 2018.
- Daniel Chomsky. "Owners, Officials, and Reporters," Journalism and Communication monographs 19, (August 2017).
- Scott Barclay and Daniel Chomsky. "How Do Cause Lawyers Decide When and Where to Litigate on Behalf of their Cause?," Law & Society Review 48, (2014): 596-620.
- Daniel Chomsky and Scott Barclay. "The Editor, the Publisher and His Mother: The Representation of Lesbians and Gays in the New York Times," Journal of Homosexuality 60, (2013): 1389-1408.
- Daniel Chomsky and Scott Barclay. "The Mass Media, Public Opinion, and Lesbian and Gay Rights," Annual Review of Law and Social Science 6, (December 2010): 387-403.
- Daniel Chomsky. "’An Interested Reader’: Measuring Ownership Control at the New York Times," Critical Studies in Media Communication 23, (2006): 1-18.
- Daniel Chomsky. "Advance Agent of the Truman Doctrine: The United States, the New York Times and the Greek Civil War," Political Communication 17, (2000).
- Daniel Chomsky. " The Mechanisms of Management Control at the New York Times," Media, Culture & Society 21, (1999): 579-599.
Selected Grants and Fellowships
- Daniel Chomsky. Tax Policy in American Newspapers, Institute for New Economic Thinking, $23,000.00 (April 2013 - January 2014)
- Daniel Chomsky. "“The Public, the Mass Media, and the Trump Tax Cuts,”," Southern Political Science Association Annual Conference, New Orleans, LA (January 2018)
- Daniel Chomsky. "“Social Movements, Business Interests, and the Mass Media: Tax Policy and Inequality in the Trump Era,” ," Northeastern Political Science Association Annual Conference, Philadelphia, PA (November 2017)
- Daniel Chomsky. "The Public, the Mass Media, and Inequality: The Prospects for Resistance in the Trump Era,”," 13th Conference of the European Sociological Association, Athens, Greece (September 2017)
- Daniel Chomsky. 13th Conference of the European Sociological Association, Athens, Greece (August 2017)
- Daniel Chomsky. "Occupy Wall Street and the Obama Tax Increase of 2012," Western Political Science Association annual Meeting, Vancouver, BC (April 2017)
- Daniel Chomsky and Paul Jorgensen. "A Critical Examination of Party Theory: The Relative Importance of Endorsements, Money, and the Mass Media,," Caucus for a New Political Science 50th Anniversary Meeting, (February 2017)
- POLS 4370 01 - Senior Research Seminar:
- Course Evaluations
- POLS 6330 01 - Public Inst. & Policy Process:
- Course Evaluations