Dr. Cynthia Jones
Areas of Expertise
- Bioethics, Advocacy, Business Ethics, Ethics & Technology
- PhD, University of Missouri - Columbia, 2001
- BA, Creighton University, 1990
- Cynthia Jones, Sandra Hansmann, Anne Stachura, and Linda English. "Boys Will Be Boys," Justified and Philosophy: Think First, Shoot Later. Open Court Publishing, 2015.
- Cynthia Jones. " Justified True Beliefs ," Justified and Philosophy. 2015.
- Cynthia Jones. "Dirty Money," Journal of Academic Ethics/Springer (July (3rd Quarter/Summer) 2014).
- Cynthia Jones and Shawn Saladin. "Fixing Deafness," The Journal of Philosophy, Science & Law, Disability Special Issue 14, (July (3rd Quarter/Summer) 2014): 16-32.
- Cynthia Jones, Sandra Hansmann, and Anne Stachura. "Devil with a Blue Dress," The Devil and Philosophy. Open Court Philosophy & Pop Culture Series, July (3rd Quarter/Summer) 2014.
- Cynthia Jones. "J.J. Abrams’ Leading Ladies as Feminist Role Models?," The Philosophy of J.J. Abrams. University Press of Kentucky: The Philosophy of Popular Culture Series, January (1st Quarter/Winter) 2014.
- Cynthia Jones. "Why “Phsysics” Beats Science," Psych & Philosophy. October (4th Quarter/Autumn) 2013.
- Cynthia Jones. "Preserving Life, Destroying Privacy: PICT and the Elderly," Ethical Guidance for Emerging Pervasive Information and Communication Technologies (PICT): Challenges, Opportunities, and Safeguards. Springer, October (4th Quarter/Autumn) 2013.
- Cynthia Jones. "Cute and Cuddly Animals versus Yummy Animals," The Ultimate South Park & Philosophy. Blackwell Publishing: Philosophy & Pop Culture Series, October (4th Quarter/Autumn) 2013.
- Cynthia Jones. Instructor Disclosure and Theory Diversity in Teaching Professional Ethics Teaching Ethics. 12, no. 2 2012.
Selected Grants and Fellowships
- Cynthia Jones. General Victim Assistance Direct Services-College Campus Initiative, Criminal Justice Division of the Texas Office of the Governor, Office of Justice Programs, U.S. Department of Justice (award number: 3432001 – for $189K/year, awarded August 2017), $189,000.00 (August 2017)
- Cynthia Jones. Campus Violence Prevention Project, DOJ/OVW, $300,000.00 (December 15, 2012 - September 30, 2015)
- Cynthia Jones. "Sexual Assault and Dating/Domestic Violence (invited presentation)," SafeMD: Recognizing Abuse and Sexual Assault Workshop for Medical Students at UTRGV School of Medicine, UTRGV School of Medicine, (August 2017)
- Cynthia Jones. "The Intersection of Stalking, Gender Based Violence, and “Unhealthy” Relationship," UTRGV Superheroes Stalking Awareness campaign, UTRGV Superheroes Project, (January 2017)
- Cynthia Jones. "3-Day Conference Organizer," 1st Annual CAVE Advocacy Conference, CAVE/OVAVP, Brownsville Campus (October 2016)
- Cynthia Jones. "Decision Making in Cases with Ethical Import," 2016 Multidisciplinary Advocacy Training Conference on Child Abuse, (October 2016)
- Cynthia Jones. "Understanding Victim-Blaming Behaviors," 9th Annual Petals on the Lake event for DV Awareness Month Cameron County DAs Office , Cameron County District Attorneys Office, (October 2016)
- Cynthia Jones. "Violence Against Women and the Public Health Implications of Legislating Sex and Consent in Southern Texas ," 6th Annual Western Michigan University Medical Humanities Conference, (September 2016)
- Cynthia Jones. "Child Protection Project Preliminary Report ," Community Coalition organized by Child Protection Court, (September 2016)
- Cynthia Jones. "Title IX, Gender and Equity ," Professional & Organizational Development Day, South Texas College, (September 2016)
- Cynthia Jones. "Promoting Healthy Relationships & Understanding Violence Against Women," Women’s Retreat, UTRGV Medical School, (September 2016)
- Cynthia Jones. "“Healthy” Relationships ," Invited presentation to Deaf and deaf high school and college students, Summer Camp, Valley Independent Living, (June 2016)
Selected Performances and Exhibitions
- Cynthia Jones. "Art Against Violence," 1st Annual CAVE Juried Student Art Show and Speaker Series. (2011)
- "Remember Me," documentary. ()
SUMMER II 2017
SUMMER I 2017
SUMMER II 2016
SUMMER I 2016