Phone: (956) 665-6474
Dr. Christopher Jenkinson
Areas of Expertise
- Molecular genetics of complex multifactorial disease
- PhD, Biochemistry, University of Otago, 1993
- MS, Biochemistry, University of Otago, 1986
- Rector Arya, Agustin Escalante, Vidya Farook, Jose Restrepo, Daniel Battafarano, Marcio Almeida, Mark Kos, Marcel Fourcaudot, Srinivas Mummidi, Satish Kumar, Joanne Curran, Christopher Jenkinson, John Blangero, Ravindranath Duggirala, and Inmaculada del Rincon. "A genetic association study of carotid intima-media thickness (CIMT) and plaque in Mexican Americans and European Americans with rheumatoid arthritis," Atherosclerosis 271, (April (2nd Quarter/Spring) 2018): 92-101.
- Rector Arya, Agustin Escalante, Vidya Farook, Jose Restrepo, Daniel Battafarano, Marcio Almeida, Mark Kos, Marcel Fourcaudot, Srinivas Mummidi, Satish Kumar, Joanne Curran, Christopher Jenkinson, John Blangero, Ravindranath Duggirala, and Inmaculada del Rincon. "Data on genetic associations of carotid atherosclerosis markers in Mexican American and European American rheumatoid arthritis subjects," Data in Brief 17, (April (2nd Quarter/Spring) 2018): 820-829.
- V Farook, L Reddivari, Srinivas Mummidi, S Puppala, Rector Arya, Juan Alvarenga, S Fowler, G Chittoor, R Resendez, B Kumar, A Comuzzie, Joanne Curran, D Lehman, Christopher Jenkinson, J Lynch, R DeFronzo, John Blangero, D Hale, Ravindranath Duggirala, and J Vanamala. "Genetics of serum carotenoid concentrations and their correlation with obesity-related traits in Mexican American children.," The American journal of clinical nutrition (May 2017).
- Z Hassan-Smith, Christopher Jenkinson, D Smith, I Hernandez, S Morgan, N Crabtree, N Gittoes, B Keevil, P Stewart, and M Hewison. "25-hydroxyvitamin D3 and 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 exert distinct effects on human skeletal muscle function and gene expression.," PloS one 12, no. 2 (February 2017): e0170665.
- J Tamblyn, R Susarla, Christopher Jenkinson, L Jeffery, O Ohizua, R Chun, S Chan, M Kilby, and M Hewison. "Dysregulation of maternal and placental vitamin D metabolism in preeclampsia.," Placenta 50, (February 2017): 70-77.
- E Shipman, K Jones, Christopher Jenkinson, D Kim, J Zhu, and C Khang. "Nuclear and structural dynamics during the establishment of a specialized effector-secreting cell by Magnaporthe oryzae in living rice cells.," BMC cell biology 18, no. 1 (January (1st Quarter/Winter) 2017): 11.
- Christopher Jenkinson, K Jones, J Zhu, S Dorhmi, and C Khang. "The appressorium of the rice blast fungus Magnaporthe oryzae remains mitotically active during post-penetration hyphal growth.," Fungal genetics and biology : FG & B 98, (January (1st Quarter/Winter) 2017): 35-38.
- L Strickland, T Hamilton, Christopher Jenkinson, D Murray, and H Pandit. "Patient-Reported Outcome Measure for Early Postoperative Recovery Following Lower Limb Arthroplasty: A Systematic Review.," The Journal of arthroplasty 31, no. 12 (December 2016): 2933-2940.
- M O'Reilly, P Kempegowda, Christopher Jenkinson, A Taylor, J Quanson, K Storbeck, and W Arlt. "11-oxygenated C19 steroids are the predominant androgens in polycystic ovary syndrome.," The Journal of clinical endocrinology and metabolism (November 2016): jc20163285.
- L Kelly, C Potter, C Hunter, E Gibbons, R Fitzpatrick, Christopher Jenkinson, and M Peters. "Refinement of the Long-Term Conditions Questionnaire (LTCQ): patient and expert stakeholder opinion.," Patient related outcome measures 7, (November 2016): 183-193.
Selected Grants and Fellowships
- Christopher Jenkinson. Discovery of Functional Variants in Type 2 Diabetes Genes in Mexican Americans, NIH/NIDDK, (May 1, 2015 - April 30, 2019)