Phone: (956) 665-6474
Dr. Christopher Jenkinson
Areas of Expertise
- Molecular genetics of complex multifactorial disease
- PhD, Biochemistry, University of Otago, 1993
- MS, Biochemistry, University of Otago, 1986
- V Farook, L Reddivari, Srinivas Mummidi, S Puppala, Rector Arya, Juan Alvarenga, S Fowler, G Chittoor, R Resendez, B Kumar, A Comuzzie, Joanne Curran, D Lehman, Christopher Jenkinson, J Lynch, R DeFronzo, John Blangero, D Hale, Ravindranath Duggirala, and J Vanamala. "Genetics of serum carotenoid concentrations and their correlation with obesity-related traits in Mexican American children.," The American journal of clinical nutrition (May 2017).
- Z Hassan-Smith, Christopher Jenkinson, D Smith, I Hernandez, S Morgan, N Crabtree, N Gittoes, B Keevil, P Stewart, and M Hewison. "25-hydroxyvitamin D3 and 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 exert distinct effects on human skeletal muscle function and gene expression.," PloS one 12, no. 2 (February 2017): e0170665.
- J Tamblyn, R Susarla, Christopher Jenkinson, L Jeffery, O Ohizua, R Chun, S Chan, M Kilby, and M Hewison. "Dysregulation of maternal and placental vitamin D metabolism in preeclampsia.," Placenta 50, (February 2017): 70-77.
- E Shipman, K Jones, Christopher Jenkinson, D Kim, J Zhu, and C Khang. "Nuclear and structural dynamics during the establishment of a specialized effector-secreting cell by Magnaporthe oryzae in living rice cells.," BMC cell biology 18, no. 1 (January (1st Quarter/Winter) 2017): 11.
- Christopher Jenkinson, K Jones, J Zhu, S Dorhmi, and C Khang. "The appressorium of the rice blast fungus Magnaporthe oryzae remains mitotically active during post-penetration hyphal growth.," Fungal genetics and biology : FG & B 98, (January (1st Quarter/Winter) 2017): 35-38.
- L Strickland, T Hamilton, Christopher Jenkinson, D Murray, and H Pandit. "Patient-Reported Outcome Measure for Early Postoperative Recovery Following Lower Limb Arthroplasty: A Systematic Review.," The Journal of arthroplasty 31, no. 12 (December 2016): 2933-2940.
- M O'Reilly, P Kempegowda, Christopher Jenkinson, A Taylor, J Quanson, K Storbeck, and W Arlt. "11-oxygenated C19 steroids are the predominant androgens in polycystic ovary syndrome.," The Journal of clinical endocrinology and metabolism (November 2016): jc20163285.
- L Kelly, C Potter, C Hunter, E Gibbons, R Fitzpatrick, Christopher Jenkinson, and M Peters. "Refinement of the Long-Term Conditions Questionnaire (LTCQ): patient and expert stakeholder opinion.," Patient related outcome measures 7, (November 2016): 183-193.
- R Ferrer-Cascales, M Cabañero-Martínez, M Sánchez-SanSegundo, N Congost-Maestre, and Christopher Jenkinson. "Spanish version of the Parkinson's Disease Questionnaire-Carer (PDQ-Carer).," Health and quality of life outcomes 14, no. 1 (November 2016): 154.
- S Ziebland, J Powell, P Briggs, Christopher Jenkinson, S Wyke, E Sillence, P Harris, R Perera, F Mazanderani, A Martin, L Locock, L Kelly, M Booth, B Gann, N Newhouse, and A Farmer. . Examining the role of patients’ experiences as a resource for choice and decision-making in health care: a creative, interdisciplinary mixed-method study in digital health. Southampton, UK: NIHR Journals Library, November 2016.
Selected Grants and Fellowships
- Christopher Jenkinson. Discovery of Functional Variants in Type 2 Diabetes Genes in Mexican Americans, NIH/NIDDK, (May 1, 2015 - April 30, 2019)