- PhD, Finance, The University of Texas - Rio Grande Valley.
- MBA, Finance; Leadership, Nova Southeastern University, 2013
- BS, Biological Sciences, Florida International University, 2006
- Chad Kwon and Haiyan Zhou. "Chair Networking and Earnings Management," Journal of Business Ethics .
- Chad Kwon, Haiyan Zhou, "Voluntary Disclosure and Information Asymmetry: Evidence from Carbon Emission Disclosures," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy .
- Haiyan Zhou, Guiru Hua, and Chad Kwon. "Market Sentiment, Policy Uncertainty, and Corporate Investment: Evidence from Obama’s Affordable Care Act. Notes: Dr. Hua was a visiting scholar from East China University of Science and Technology in 2016.," European Accounting Association Annual Congress, European Accounting Association, Valencia Spain (May 2017)
- John Ned and Chad Kwon. "The Countercyclicality of Bank Margins: A panel data approach," PhD Project Finance Doctoral Student Association Conference, Park City, UT (June 2016)
- Andre Vianna, Juan Gutierrez, Chad Kwon, and Terrance Martin. "Does Stock Market Participation Differ Within and Across Minorities in the U.S.?," Academy of Economics and Finance 2016 Conference, Pensacola Beach, FL (February 2016)
- John Ned and Chad Kwon. "The Countercyclicality of Bank Margins: A panel data approach," Academy of Economics and Finance, Penscola, FL (February 2016)
- Chad Kwon. "Stock Market Participation Within and Across Minorities in the U.S. ," Academy of Economics and Finance Annual Meeting, Academy of Economics and Finance, Pensacola, FL (February 2016)
- Chad Kwon and Haiyan Zhou. "Board of director networking and earnings management," American Accounting Association Annual Meeting, American Accounting Association, Chicago (August 2015)
- Hamidreza Sakaki and Chad Kwon. "Oil Price and the Equity Market: Evidence for the S&P Sectoral Indices Using EGARCH," Global Conference on Business and Finance, 1986, Las Vegas (January 2015)