Beatriz G. Bautista
Clinical Associate Professor
Phone: (956) 665-3497
Dr. Beatriz G. Bautista
Is a Clinical Associate Professor and the MSN/FNP Program Coordinator. She has been an FNP for 27 years focusing in family health and practices in a local family clinic. She is also a Certified Diabetes Educator & a Certified Clinical Densitometrist. She has taught in the FNP program since its inception and has over 250 graduates in the RGV. She is the president of the local APRN association and a board member of Texas Nurses Association. Her passion is in the area of health promotion and disease prevention.
Areas of Expertise
- Diabetes prevention
- Osteoporosis evaluation and management
- DNP, Nursing Practice, Rocky Mountain University of Health Professions, 2008
- MSN, Nursing, The University of South Carolina, 1990
- BSN, Nursing, Dallas Baptist College, 1982
- Lilia Fuentes, Linda Eanes, Beatriz Bautista, Doreen Garza, and David Salazar. "Bridging the Gaps: Evaluating the Teaching Effectiveness of Graduate Nursing Students in Helping Children in Underserved Schools Learn About Healthy Eating," Journal of Nursing Science 3, no. 6 (December 2017): 50-56.
- Linda Eanes, Lilia Fuentes, Beatriz Bautista, David Salazar, and Doreen Garza. "Bridging the Gaps Through Nurse-led Nutrition Education to Underserved Children," Los Angelos: Hispanic Health Care International/Sage Publishing .
- Linda Eanes, Lilia Fuentes, Beatriz Bautista, David Salazar, and Doreen Garza. "A Cooperative Health Initiative to Improve Healthy Eating among Underserved Children in Rural South Texas," .
- Linda Eanes, Lilia Fuentes, Beatriz Bautista, David Salazar, Doreen Garza, Chinwendu Chineke, and Rebecca Hernandez. "Evaluating the Effectiveness of Graduate Nursing-Led CHECK Nutrition on 4th Grade Student Learning Across 3 Underserved Communities in South Texas: Study II," Edinburg: .
Selected Grants and Fellowships
- Lilia Fuentes. CHECK Plus: Creating Healthy Eating Choices for Kids-PLUS, AETNA Foundation Regional Grant, $100,000.00 (January 2017 - June 2018)
- Lilia Fuentes. CHECK: Creating Healthy Eating Choices for Kids, KNAPP Community Care Foundation , $50,000.00 (June 2016)
- Linda Eanes, Lilia Fuentes, Beatriz Bautista, and Chineke Chinwendu. "Evaluating the Effectiveness of Graduate Nurse-Led CHECK Nutrition Education on 4th Grade Students Across 3 Underserved Communities in South Texa: Study IIs," National Association of Hispanic and Latino Studies, NAAAS, Dallas Texas (February 2018)
- Lilia Fuentes, Linda Eanes, Beatriz Bautista, Doreen Garza, and David Salazar. "A Cooperative Health Initiative to Improve Healthy Eating among Underserved Children in Rural South Texas: A Pilot Study," NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF HISPANIC AND LATINO STUDIES, UTRGV, South Padre Island, Texas (October 2017)
- ENEDINA ENRIQUEZ, TRACIE HARRISON, SANDY LEE, SAROJA VISWAMITRA, and BEATRIZ BAUSTISTA. "NURSING'S EMERGING ROLE: ADDRESSING HEALTH DISPARITIES AMONG THE VULNERABLE AGING POPULATION," RESEARCH DAY CONFERENCE 2017, SCHOOL OF NURSING, LIBRARY THEATER (April 2017)
- Lilia Fuentes, Linda Eanes, and Beatriz Bautista. "Improving Healthy Eating among Underserved Children in Rural South Texas," Sigma Theta Tau International: Pi Omicron Chapter RESEARCH DAY, STTI: Pi Omicron Chapter, Edinburg, TX (April 2017)
- Beatriz Bautista. "Important Recipes for our Health," Red Heart Month, Presbyterian Women's Conference, Edinburg. Texas (February 2016)
- Shawn Saladin, John Ronnau, Adrian Sandoval, Keri Parchman-Gonzalez, Beatriz Bautista, Eron Manusov, and M Salinas. "Population Health Roundtables," Interprofessional Education & Practice in the RGV: STITCHing it all up, UTRGV School of Medicine., Edinburg, TX (December 2015)
- Beatriz Bautista. Valley Advanced Practice Nurses Associatio 7th Annual Conference, (August 2010)
- Beatriz Bautista. "Background and History of Sigma Theta Tau," Sigma Theta Tau: Pi Omicron Chapter - Induction, (December 2009)
- Beatriz Bautista. "Suturing in a Primary Care Setting," Valley Advance Practice Nurses Association 6th Annual Conference, (November 2009)
- Beatriz Bautista. "Advanced Practice Nurse Assessment and Management of," 3rd Annual Evidence-Based Practice Symposium, Provo Marriott Hotel, Provo Utah (August 2009)
- NURS 6612 01 - Family Nurse Practitioner I:
- Course Evaluations
- NURS 6612 A - Family Nurse Practitioner I:
- Course Evaluations
SUMMER II 2018
SUMMER I 2018
SUMMER II 2017
SUMMER I 2017