Phone: (956) 665-2269
Areas of Expertise
- Nonlinear waves, integrable systems, scientific computing
- PhD, Engineering, Kyoto University, 2000
- MS, Information and Systems Engineering, Nagoya University, 1997
- BS, Applied Physics, Tsinghua University, 1989
- Liming Ling, Baofeng Feng, Zuonong Zhu, "General soliton solutions to a coupled Fokas-Lenells equation," Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications 33, (November 2017): 237-252.
- Bao-Feng Feng and Yasuhiro Ohta. " N-bright-dark soliton solution to a semi-discrete vector nonlinear Schrödinger equation,," SIGMA 13, (September 2017): 071.
- Bao-Feng Feng, Kenichi Maruno, and Yasuhiro Ohta. "The Degaperis-Procesi equation,its short wave model and the CKP hierarchy," Annals of Mathematical Sciences and Applications 2, (July (3rd Quarter/Summer) 2017): 285-316.
- Bao-Feng Feng, Ken-ichi Maruno, and Yasuhiro Ohta. "An integrable semi-discrete Degasperis–Procesi equation," Nonlinearity 30, no. 6 (June 2017): 2246-2267.
- Junchao Chen, Bao-Feng Feng, and Yong Chen. "Bilinear Bäcklund transformation, Lax pair and multi-soliton solution for a vector Ramani equation," Modern Physics Letters B 31, no. 12 (April (2nd Quarter/Spring) 2017): 1750133.
- Junchao Chen, Bao-Feng Feng, Yong Chen, and Zhengyi Ma. "General bright–dark soliton solution to (2 + 1)-dimensional multi-component long-wave–short-wave resonance interaction system," Nonlinear Dynamics 88, no. 2 (April (2nd Quarter/Spring) 2017): 1273-1288.
- Shoufeng Shen, Bao-Feng Feng, and Yasuhiro Ohta. "A modiﬁed complex short pulse equation of defocusing type," Journal of Nonlinear Mathematical Physics 24, no. 2 (April (2nd Quarter/Spring) 2017): 195-209.
- Bao-Feng Feng, Ken-ichi Maruno, and Yasuhiro Ohta. "A two-component generalization of the reduced Ostrovsky equation and its integrable semi-discrete analogue," Journal of Physics A: Mathematical and Theoretical 50, no. 5 (February 2017): 055201.
- Baofeng Feng, kenichi Maruno, Yasuhiro Ohta, "Geometric formulation and multi-dark soliton solution to the defocusing complex short pulse equation," Studies in Applied Mathematics 138, (October (4th Quarter/Autumn) 2016): 343-367.
- Senyue Lou, Bao-Feng Feng, and Ruoxia Yao. "Multi-soliton solution to the two-component Hunter–Saxton equation," Wave Motion 65, (September 2016): 17-28.
Selected Grants and Fellowships
- Baofeng Feng. RUI: Mathematical analysis of several models in nonlinear optics, NSF, $121,221.00 (August 15, 2017 - July 31, 2020)
- Baofeng Feng. Multi-component generalizations for several integrable nonlinear PDEs of the third-order in shallow water waves., National Science Foundation of China, $28,000.00 (January 1, 2018 - December 31, 2019)
- Baofeng Feng. Mathematical models in nonlinear optics and their applications, $12,171.00 (May 2017 - December 2018)
- Baofeng Feng. CBMS Conference: Discrete Painleve Equations, NSF, $39,505.00 (December 2015 - December 2017)
- Baofeng Feng. Propagation of ultra-short optical pulses in birefringent material: integrable models, integrable discretizations and their applications, National Science Foundation of China, $32,000.00 (January 1, 2015 - December 31, 2016)
- Baofeng Feng. Discrete integrable systems in water waves and nonlinear optics, Shanghai Jiaotong University, China, $10,000.00 (June 6, 2016 - July 5, 2016)
- Baofeng Feng. The Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) Bridge Fellow, The Japan Society for the Promotion of Science, $8,000.00 (July 1, 2012 - March 31, 2013)
- Baofeng Feng. Intra-cellular traffic jam in molecular motors: a possible cause for Alzheimer’s Disease, STBHDC Pilot project 41IPHP011,, $11,610.00 ( 2011)
- Baofeng Feng. Conference on Nonlinear Waves and Integrable System, NF grant (Award No. 1000037), $26,880.00 ( )
- Baofeng Feng. “Laboratory Study of MHD Effects on Stability and Turbulence in Free-surface Liquid Metal Flow, the US Department of Energy (DoE), $645,000.00 (2006 - 2009)
- Baofeng Feng. "New wave phenomenon in discrete nonlinear systems," The 2017 International Symposium on Nonlinear Theory and Its Applications (NOLTA2017), Cancun, Mexico (December 2017)
- Baofeng Feng. "Self-adaptive moving mesh method for differential equations," Japan-US Science Forum, JSPS Washington Office, Harvrd University, Boston, MA (November 2017)
- Baofeng Feng. "General soliton solutions to nonlocal NLS and coupled NLS equations with zero and nonzero boundary conditions," Colorado Nonlinear Days, Univ. of Colorado-Colorado Springs, Colorado Springs,CO (November 2017)
- Baofeng Feng. "The complex sine/sinh-Gordon equations and the complex short pulse equation," Integrable system and Random Matrix Seminar, Univ. of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI (October 2017)
- Baofeng Feng. "Semi-discrete analogues of the complex short pulse and coupled complex short pulse equations based on the KP hierarchy reduction," AMS Fall Sectional Meeting, AMS, Denton, TX (September 2017)
- Baofeng Feng. "An integrable model for light propagation in ultra-short pulse regime," Colloquium Series at UT Dallas, UT Dallas, Dallas TX (April 2017)
- Baofeng Feng. "The geometric interpretation of the complex short pulse equation," 10th IMACS International Conference on Nonlinear Evolution Equations and Wave Phenomena: Computation and Theory, Athens,GA (March 2017)
- Baofeng Feng. "KP-Toda hierarchy reduction method for soliton equations," Colloquium Series at College of Charleston , College of Charleston, Charleston, SC (March 2017)
- Baofeng Feng. "The geometric aspect of the complex short pulse equation," AMS South Sectional Meeting, Charleston (March 2017)
- Baofeng Feng. "A focusing and defocusing complex short pulse equation," Workshop on Mathematical Physics and Integrable Systems, The University of Science and Technology of China, Hefei, China (January 2017)
- MATH 6375 01 - Numerical Analysis:
- Course Evaluations
- MATH 6375 90L - Numerical Analysis:
- Course Evaluations
- MATH 4390 04 - Math Project:
- Course Evaluations
SUMMER II 2017
SUMMER I 2017
SUMMER II 2016