Phone: (956) 665-7845
Dr. Aziza Zemrani
Dr. Aziza Zemrani is an associate professor, Associate Chair of the Department of Public Affairs and Security Studies at the College of Liberal Arts, University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, Texas. Dr. Zemrani has a long history of academic and public service both in the United States and abroad. Her areas of teaching include budgeting, finances, program evaluation, research and statistics, cultural competency.
Areas of Expertise
- Economics Program Development
- Budgeting Finance , Cultural competency
- State and Local Government Finance , Cultural competency personal leadership development budgeting
- Analytical Methods Program Evaluation; Online Education; Quality Matters
- Student Readiness for online education
- BA, Law, University Mohamed V Rabat Morocco.
- MPA, Public and International Affairs, University of Pittsburgh.
- PhD, Public Policy and Urban Affairs, Southern University and A & M College, 2004
- Nick Weimer. "Assessing the Level of Cultural Competencies in Public Organizations," Public Administration Quarterly 4, no. 2 (July (3rd Quarter/Summer) 2017): 273-296.
- Aziza Zemrani. "Teaching Public Administration: the Case of Morocco”. Building Public Service Capacity for Development Management: Reflections on Professional Public Administration Education and Training in African Nations," Symposium Journal of Public Affairs & Administration Education . 20, no. 4 (October (4th Quarter/Autumn) 2014).
- Cynthia Lynch and Aziza Zemrani. "Morocco’s Dance with Democracy," Ottawa, Ontario: Innovations Journal: The Public Sector Innovation Journal 18, no. 1 (May 2013).
- Cynthia Lynch and Aziza Zemrani. "Morocco’s Path to a Moral Democracy," Southern Public Administration Education Foundation, Baltimore, MD: Global Virtue Ethics Review 6, no. 3 (2012).
- Aziza Zemrani. "Forecasting Practices in Emerging Countries: The Morocco Experience," Handbook of Government Budget Forecasting: Theory and Practice. New York, NY: New York, NY: Taylor Francis., October (4th Quarter/Autumn) 2008: 595-692.
- George Atisa and aziza zemrani. "Mainstreaming indigenous people’s environmental concerns: the missing piece in ongoing political and administrative decentralization in Africa," edinburg: .
- Aziza Zemrani and Ramiro Delarosa. "Fully Online Versus Hybrid: Does Personality Traitrs and Perceptions Make a Difference in Student Performance?," Learning and Individual Differences .
- cynthia lynch and aziza zemrani. "The State of the Art in Online Teaching Public Administration," Washington D.C: Journal of Public Affairs Education .
Selected Grants and Fellowships
- aziza zeemani. Academic Partnership faculty research grant, Academic Parnership, $3,000.00 (October 1, 2016 - December 1, 2017)
- Aziza Zemrani. Assessment, Office of Accreditation and Assessment, $500.00 (August 31, 2017)
- Aziza Zemrani. Service Learning , Center for Teaching and Learning, $500.00 (February 7, 2017 - July 25, 2017)
- Aziza Zemrani. Office of Global Engagement , International engagement office, $1,000.00 (July 3, 2017 - July 9, 2017)
- aziza zemrani. Fulbright Specialist, State Department, $10,000.00 (December 20, 2016 - January 20, 2017)
- Aziza Zemrani. Office of Global Engagement , International engagement office, $500.00 (November 7, 2016 - November 17, 2016)
- Aziza Zemrani. Global Engagement Office, $800.00 (September 17, 2016 - September 25, 2016)
- Aziza Zemrani. "Sustainability Development Goals and Global Health and UTRGV Leadership Role," Inaugural Research Symposium , School of Medicine, Doctors Hospital Conference Center (August 2017)
- aziza zemrani. "“Innovation Session on the public sector”. UNDP experience," Joint International Conference IASIA- MENAPAR, IASIA- MENAPAR, Ramallah Palestine (July 2017)
- aziza zemrani. "“Leadership Training in Public Administration.” ," Joint International Conference IASIA- MENAPAR, IASIA- MENAPAR, Ramallah, Palestine (July 2017)
- aziza zemrani, E Lynch, "“Bridging the Gap Between Theory and Practice: A Pracademics Approach to Cultural Competency Training," Knowledge, Culture and Change in Organizations, On the Organizations, Darwin Australia (April 2017)
- Aziza Zemrani and GOERGE ATISA. "Training through Public Administration for Better Public Service," ASPA/RIGGS SYMPOSIUM, ASPA/SICA, ATLANTA (March 2017)
- George Atisa, Aziza Zemrani, "Mainstreaming Indigenous Peoples Environmental Concerns: Minssing Piece in Ongoing Political and and Administrative Decentralization in Africa," Saluting the Public Service: The Bold and Noble Profession, American Society for Public Administration (ASPA), Atlanta, Geogia (March 2017)
- GEORGE ATISA, "Mainstreaming Indigenous Peoples Environmental Concerns: Minssing Piece in Ongoing Political and and Administrative Decentralization in Africa," Training through Public Administration for Better Public Service, American Society for Public Administration (ASPA), Atlanta, Geogia (March 2017)
- aziza zemrani and cynthia Lynch. "“Organizational Cultural Competence Begins with Self-Assessment.”. ," American Society of Public Administration Annual Conference, ASPA, Atlanta GA (March 2017)
- George Atisa, Aziza Zemrani, "Mainstreaming Indigenous Peoples Environmental Concerns: Minssing Piece in Ongoing Political and and Administrative Decentralization in Africa," UN Climate Change Conference, UNDP, Marrakech, Morrocco (November 2016)
- Aziza Zemrani. "Intercultural Competence: The Key Ingredient for Your Programs’ Internationalization Initiative," NASPAA Annual Conference, NASPAA, Columbus, Ohio (October 2016)
FALL 2017 MODULE 1
SUMMER 2017 MODULE 2
SUMMER 2017 MODULE 1
SPRING 2017 MODULE 2
FALL 2016 MODULE 1
SUMMER 2016 MODULE 2
SUMMER 2016 MODULE 1
SPRING 2016 MODULE 2