Arthur L. Cantos
Phone: (956) 665-5022
Dr. Arturo L. Cantos
Dr. Cantos has been Director of Clinical Training for two APA approved Ph.D. programs in Clinical Psychology and Director of Mental Health for the Government of Gibraltar. He has published research in Intimate Partner Violence and Family Violence.
Areas of Expertise
- Domestic Violence; Intimate partner violence
- Family Violence in general
- PhD, Psychology, State University of New York at Stony Brook, 1989
- MA, Psychology, State University of New York at Stony Brook, 1985
- K.D. O’Leary, and Kenneth Kessler. "stability of the severity of intimate partner violence," Journal of interpersonal Violence no. online (2017): 1–18.
- Jami Mach, Arthur Cantos, Emily Weber, and David Kosson. "The Impact of Perpetrator Characteristics on the Completion of a Partner Abuse Intervention Program," Journal of Interpersonal Violence (2017): 0886260517719904.
- Jennifer Wolff, Arthur Cantos, Leslie Zun, and Ashley Taylor. "Enhanced Versus Basic Referral for Intimate Partner Violence in an Urban Emergency Department Setting," The Journal of Emergency Medicine (October (4th Quarter/Autumn) 2017).
- Julia Babcock, Nicholas Armenti, Clare Cannon, Katie Lauve-Moon, Fred Buttell, Regardt Ferreira, Arthur Cantos, John Hamel, Don Kelly, Catheleen Jordan, Peter Lehmann, Penny Leisring, Christopher Murphy, K. O'Leary, Sarah Bannon, Katie Salis, and Ingrid Solano. "Domestic Violence Perpetrator Programs: A Proposal for Evidence-Based Standards in the United States," PARTNER ABUSE 7, no. 4 (2016): 355-460.
- Daniel Goldstein, Arthur Cantos, Lauren Brenner, Robert Verborg, and David Kosson. "Perpetrator Type Moderates the Relationship Between Severity of Intimate Partner Violence and Recidivism," CRIMINAL JUSTICE AND BEHAVIOR 43, no. 7 (2016): 879-898.
- D Fowler, Arthur Cantos, and S Miller. "Exposure to violence, typology, and recidivism in a probation sample of domestic violence perpetrators.," Child abuse & neglect 59, (September 2016): 66-77.
- Arthur Cantos, Daniel Goldstein, Lauren Brenner, K. O’Leary, and Robert Verborg. "Correlates and program completion of family only and generally violent perpetrators of intimate partner violence," Behavioral Psychology/ Psicologia Conductual 23, no. 3 (January (1st Quarter/Winter) 2015): 549-569.
- J Graña, N Redondo, M Muñoz-Rivas, and Arthur Cantos. "Subtypes of batterers in treatment: empirical support for a distinction between type I, type II and type III.," PloS one 9, no. 10 (October (4th Quarter/Autumn) 2014): e110651.
- Arthur Cantos and K. O'Leary. "One Size Does Not Fit All in Treatment of Intimate Partner Violence," Partner Abuse 5, no. 2 (April (2nd Quarter/Spring) 2014): 204-236.
- Arthur Cantos and Leonard Gries. "Therapy Outcome with Children in Foster Care: A Longitudinal Study," Child and Adolescent Social Work Journal 27, no. 2 (April (2nd Quarter/Spring) 2010): 133-149.