Andrew A. Anabila
Phone: (956) 665-8084
Dr. Andrew A. Anabila
Areas of Expertise
- Fnancial Accounting, Accounting Regulation
- Managements' and Analysts' Earnings Forecasts
- Financial Statement Analysis and Equity Valuation
- International Accounting
- Auditing and Corporate Governance
- PhD, Business, Columbia University, 2003
- MACC, Accounting and Finance, University of Glasgow, 1997
- BACOM, Accounting and Finance, University of Cape Coast, 1992
- Diploma, Education, University of Cape Coast, 1992
- Eunyoung Whang and Andrew Anabila. "Culture, Capital Structure and Implications for Accounting Regulation," Journal of Corporate Accounting and Finance (January (1st Quarter/Winter) 2017).
- Eunyoung Whang and Andrew Anabila. "An Empirical Description of Billionaires," Accounting and Finance Research 3, no. 2 (2014): 112-123.
- Eunyoung Whang and Andrew Anabila. "Determinants of the Bias and Inaccuracy of Management Earnings Forecasts," Accounting and Taxation Vol.6, no. 1 (March 2014).
- Andrew Anabila. "Analysts’ activities and the timing of returns: implications for predicting returns," Journal of Finance and Accountancy Vol.15, no. 1 (2013): 1-19.
- Andrew Anabila. "Forecast Implications of the proportion of non-operating income," International Journal of Economics and Finance 4, no. 10 (October (4th Quarter/Autumn) 2012).
- Andrew Anabila. "The Proportion of Non-operating Income, and Analysts’ Forecasts ," International Journal of Economics and Finance/Canadian Center of Science and Education Vol.4, no. 10 (September 2012): 15-25.
- Andrew Anabila. "Value Implications of the Proportion of Non-Operating Income," Journal of Accounting and Finance/North American Business Press 12, no. 3 (August 2012): 54-70.
- Andrew Anabila. "FASB's Initiative to Improve on the Quality of Standards: The role of Constituents at the Commentary Stage," International Journal of Economics and Accounting 1, no. 2010, Issue 1/2 (June 2010): 3-21.
- Andrew Anabila. "Challenges of Principles-Based Pronouncements: The Example of FIN 46," International Journal of Critical Accounting/International Critical Accounting Conference, .
- Andrew Anabila, C. Chen, and F. Chen. Delayed SEC Filings, Market Reaction and Firm Characteristics. . .
- Andrew Anabila. American Accounting Association - Annual, (2007)
- Andrew Anabila. American Accounting Association, North East Region, (2007)
- Andrew Anabila. American Accounting Association, International Accounting Section, (2007)
- Andrew Anabila. "FASB's Initiative to Improve on the Quality of Standards: An Empirical Assessment of the Contribution of Constituents in the Commentary Stage," 2007 Annual Meeting, AAA National, Chicago, Illinois (August 2007)
- Andrew Anabila. "Predicting the earnings and returns of neglected firms using analysts' forecasts and realized earnings for followed firms," 2006 AAA, Annual Meeting, AAA National, Washington, District of Columbia (August 2006)
- Andrew Anabila. "The usefulness of asset revaluations for analysts' forecasts of UK firms," 2006 AAA, Annual Meeting, AAA National, Washington, District of Columbia (August 2006)
- Andrew Anabila. "Do analysts incorporate financial performance signals? ," CAAA 2006 Annual Conference, Canadian Academic Accounting Association, Niagara Falls, Canada (June 2006)
- Andrew Anabila. "The Usefulness of Assets Revaluation for Analysts' Forecasts of UK Firms," 2006 Mid-Year Meeting, AAA - International Accounting Section, Los Angeles (January 2006)
- Andrew Anabila. AAA - MidAtlantic Regional Meeting, Philadelphia, PA. (2005)
- Andrew Anabila. AAA - Northeast Regional Meeting, Tarrytown, NY (2005)
- ACCT 6392 90L - Advanced Financial Reporting:
- Course Evaluations
- ACCT 6363 90L - Fraud Examination:
- Course Evaluations
SUMMER I 2017
SUMMER I 2016