- PhD, Nursing, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 2009
- MSN, Adult Health Nursing, The University of Texas - Pan American, 1998
- BSN, Nursing, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, 1995
- Alma Flores-Vela. . UTHSCSA, 9/03-5/04, Co-investigator for project titled Explanatory models of childhood obesity in Mexican Americans (La Frontera)., 2004.
- Alma Flores-Vela. UTHSCSA, 8/01 – 8/02,Project director for the study Causes of Obesity in Toddlers in the Lower Rio Grande Valley. Responsibilities include: gathering data, coordinating with Hidalgo County WIC program, hiring and scheduling research assistants, training RAs in data collection techniques and obtaining informed consent, and inputting data coding. 2002.
- Alma Flores-Vela. Masters Research, UTPA, 1/95 – 12/95Assessed patient satisfaction with care in a hospitalized adult Mexican American group. 1995.
- Alma Flores-Vela. Surveyor and Mapper for the A & M Research Foundation’s study assessing. 1993.
- Alma Flores-Vela. "Current Issues in Diabetes Issues - Health Practices and Resiliency in Mexican-American Adolescents with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus," Research Day 2010, Edinburg, Texas (April 2010)
- Alma Flores-Vela. "Switching Tracks: Diabesity Studies.," Session and Panel Discussion: WIC Project, Harlingen, Texas (October 2008)
- Alma Flores-Vela. "Symposium Presentation: Fat or Fit: Community and Environmental Influences on Obesity," Southern Nursing Research Society 20th Anniversary Conference: Remembering the Past and Celebrating the Future, Memphis, Tennessee (February 2006)
- Alma Flores-Vela. "Graduate Student Poster Presentation - Causes of Obesity in Toddlers in the Lower Rio Grande Valley," UTHSCSA Doctoral Colloquim Spring, San Antonio, Texas (2001)
- Alma Flores-Vela. "Nurse Odyssey 2001: Journey into the Future," Podium Presentation - Space Talkers: First Contact, Seattle, Washington (October 2001)
- Alma Flores-Vela. "Graduate Student Poster Presentation - Culturally Congruent Care: Predictors of Patient Satisfaction Among Adult Mexican Americans.," Southern Nursing Research Society 15th Anniversary Conference, Baltimore, Maryland (February 2001)
SPRING 2018 MODULE 1
FALL 2017 MODULE 2
FALL 2017 MODULE 1
SUMMER 2017 MODULE 2
SUMMER 2017 MODULE 1
SPRING 2017 MODULE 2
SPRING 2017 MODULE 1