Dr. Alexey Glazyrin
Areas of Expertise
- Discrete geometry
- Computational geometry
- Geometry of numbers
- PhD, Physico-Mathematical Sciences, MV Lomonosov Moscow State University, 2010
- MS, Mathematics, MV Lomonosov Moscow State University, 2006
- Herbert Edelsbrunner, Alexey Glazyrin, Oleg Musin, and Anton Nikitenko. "The Voronoi Functional is Maximized by the Delaunay Triangulation in the Plane," Combinatorica (2016).
- Alexander Barg, Alexey Glazyrin, Kasso Okoudjou, and Wei-Hsuan Yu. "Finite two-distance tight frames," Linear Algebra and its Applications 475, (2015): 163–175.
- Nikolay Dolbilin, Herbert Edelsbrunner, Alexey Glazyrin, and Oleg Musin. "Functionals on triangulations of Delaunay sets," Moscow Mathematical Journal 14, no. 3 (2014): 491–504.
- Arseniy Akopyan and Alexey Glazyrin. "On maximum volume simplices in polytopes," Periodica Mathematica Hungarica 69, no. 2 (2014): 251–256.
- Alexey Glazyrin and Filip Moric. "Upper bounds for the perimeter of plane convex bodies," Acta Mathematica Hungarica 142, no. 2 (2014): 366–383.
- Alexey Glazyrin. "Lower bounds for the simplexity of the n-cube," Discrete Mathematics 312, no. 24 (2012): 3656–3662.
- Arseniy Akopyan, Alexey Glazyrin, Oleg Musin, and Alexey Tarasov. "The extremal spheres theorem," Discrete Mathematics 311, no. 2 (2011): 171–177.
- Alexey Glazyrin and Aleksey Tarasov. "Anti-Dürer conjecture for non-convex polyhedra," Russian Mathematical Surveys 64, no. 3 (2009): 573–574.
- Alexey Glazyrin. "On simplicial partitions of polytopes," Mathematical Notes 85, no. 5-6 (2009): 799–806.
- Dirk Frettlöh and Alexey Glazyrin. "The lonely vertex problem," Contributions to Algebra and Geometry 50, no. 1 (2009): 71–79.
Selected Grants and Fellowships
- Alexey Garber. Conferences on Discrete Geometry and Algebraic Combinatorics, National Science Foundation, $40,000.00 (2016 - 2018)
- Alexey Glazyrin. Sphere packings and related extremal problems, National Science Foundation, $160,000.00 (2014 - 2017)
- Alexey Glazyrin. Collaborative Research: Positive definite functions in distance geometry and combinatorics, National Science Foundation, $120,000.00 (2011 - 2014)
- Alexey Glazyrin. "Average degrees in sphere packings," Mathematical Congress of the Americas, Mathematical Council of the Americas, Montreal, Canada (July 2017)
- Alexey Glazyrin. "Contact graphs of balls," Joint Mathematics Meetings, American Mathematical Society, Atlanta, Georgia (January 2017)
- Alexey Glazyrin. "Contact graphs of balls," Informal Analysis Seminar, Kent State University, Kent, Ohio (April 2016)
- Alexey Glazyrin. "On perimeters of disjoint convex polygons," Discrete Geometry workshop, Auburn University, Auburn, Alabama (March 2016)
- Alexey Glazyrin. "Strongly regular graphs and spherical configurations," AMS Spring Southeastern Sectional Meeting, American Mathematical Society, Athens, Georgia (March 2016)
- Alexey Glazyrin. "Linear and semidefinite relaxations for spherical codes," The Fifth German-Russian Week of the Young Researcher on Discrete Geometry, Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology, Dolgopdrudny, Russia (September 2015)
SUMMER I 2017