Phone: (956) 665-3151
Dr. Abdoulaye Diallo
Areas of Expertise
- Employment for people with disability; Attitudes towards people with disabilities; developmental disabilities; Mental health; Multiculture; Teaching and pedagogue...
- PhD, Rehabilitation Counselor Education, Michigan State University, 2010
- MA, Religion, Liberty University, 1999
- MA, Counseling, Liberty University, 1998
- BA, Education, Ecole Normale Superieure de Maneah, 1989
- Abdoulaye Diallo, Sandra Hansmann, Jason Popan, and N. Ysasi. An analysis of Hispanic Students' Preferences for online or Face-to-Face Learning: A Pilot Study. Rehabilitation Counselors & Educators Journal, 2016.
- Keith Wilson, Abdoulaye Diallo, and Allen Lewis. Counselor Cultural Competence: Facilitating Services for People with Disabilities in the United States. 2016.
- Alicia Becton, Jeremy Fischer, Noel Ysasi, Abdoulaye Diallo, and Yuleinys Castillo. "Predictors of Academic/Work Self-Concept among Latinos with Disabilities.," (2016).
- Abdoulaye Diallo, J. Braithwaite, G. Mamboleo, A. Tiwari, and M. Sharma. Use of live theater in changing attitudes toward persons with disabilities. Rehabilitation Counseling Bulletin, 2016.
- Abdoulaye Diallo. Fundamentals of Motivational Interviewing. 2015.
- George Mamboleo, Abdoulaye Diallo, R Ocharo, S Oire, and C Kampfe. "Socio-ecological influences of attitudes towards disability among Kenyan undergraduate students," Journal of Psychology in Africa. 25, no. 3 (2015): 216-223.
- Abdoulaye Diallo, Jason Popna, Jeremy Fischer, Alicia Brown, and Shawn Saladin. "Student engagement and personality.," Rehabilitation Counselors & Educators Journal 1, no. 8 (2015): 79-92.
- Abdoulaye Diallo, M Villarreal-Lamar, Jennifer Trejo, and Ysasi Noel. "The use of modified cognitive therapy to eliminate or reduce depression among persons with intellectual disability: A case study," Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. 7, no. 2 (2015): 1-6.
- Joseph Pete, Abdoulaye Diallo, Cahait Kaya, Jessica Brooks, M Allen, Jill Bezyak, and Fong Chan. "Vocational rehabilitation as a public health intervention for young African American men with substance use disorders. ," Journal of Vocational Rehabilitation 43, (2015): 149-157.
- Abdoulaye Diallo. A silver lining in the dark clouds of treatment for minorities. Austin Journal of Psychiatry and Behavioral Science, 1, no. 5 2014: 1-2.
Selected Grants and Fellowships
- Abdoulaye Diallo. Rehabilitation Service Administration (RSA) Graduate Training, $1,000,000.00 (2016 - 2016)
- Abdoulaye Diallo. Research Fellow, Langston, ( 2014)
- Abdoulaye Diallo. Research Fellow, UTPA, ( 2014)
- Abdoulaye Diallo. "Employment for the HIV/AIDS and substance abuse population: Health benefit. NAMRC conference ," NAMRC, (2017)
- Antonio Aguirre, Belinda Rivas, and Abdoulaye Diallo. "Latinos with Substance Use Disorders: Vocational Outcomes Analysis & Comparison ," LU-RRTC State of the Science Conference, Langston University & Rehabilitation Research and Training Center, Atlanta Georgia (September 2017)
- Abdoulaye Diallo. "Family-Based Motivational Interviewing in Reducing substance abuse," Health Communities: Mental health, Substance Abuse and HIV Prevention Conference, (2016)
- Abdoulaye Diallo. "Mentoring Round Table for Student Outreach," NAMRC, NAMRC, (2016)
- Abdoulaye Diallo. "A novel family-based motivational interviewing approach in reducing/eliminating drug abuse: A focus on individuals from Mexican descent," NIDA, (2016)
- Abdoulaye Diallo, J Braithwaite, and C Charlton. "Panel Presentation: Use of the library and productivity," (2016)
- Abdoulaye Diallo and Sergio Cuevas. "Motivational Interviewing: Family systems. ," School of Rehabilitation Counseling and Services addiction Conference , School of Rehabilitation Counseling and Services/UTRGV, (2016)
- Belinda Rivas, Abdoulaye Diallo, and Antonio Aguirre. "VR Services for Latinos with Substance Use Disorders," NIDILRR Section 21 Capacity Building Meeting, Langston University, Washington DC (June 2016)
- Abdoulaye Diallo. "Family Based motivational Interviewing," International Journal of Art and Science, (2015)
- Abdoulaye Diallo, M Vaughn, R Chen, and A Brown. "Panel Presentation on getting published from junior professor, senior professor, and doctoral student perspectives," National Association of Multicultural Rehabilitation Concern, (July 2015)
SUMMER II 2017
SUMMER I 2017
SUMMER II 2016
SUMMER I 2016