Phone: (956) 665-3151
Dr. Abdoulaye Diallo
Areas of Expertise
- Employment for people with disability; Attitudes towards people with disabilities; developmental disabilities; Mental health; Multiculture; Teaching and pedagogue...
- PhD, Rehabilitation Counselor Education, Michigan State University, 2010
- MA, Religion, Liberty University, 1999
- MA, Counseling, Liberty University, 1998
- BA, Education, Ecole Normale Superieure de Maneah, 1989
- Veronica Umeasiegbu, Abdoulaye Diallo, and Bryan Gere. "International rehabilitation practice, employment, and policy for rural development for people with disabilities in West Africa," Disability and vocational rehabilitation in rural, frontier, and territory communities: Challenges and solutions to service delivery. Springer Publishing Company, May 2018.
- Abdoulaye Diallo, Sandra Hansmann, Jason Popan, and N. Ysasi. An analysis of Hispanic Students' Preferences for online or Face-to-Face Learning: A Pilot Study. Rehabilitation Counselors & Educators Journal, 2016.
- Keith Wilson, Abdoulaye Diallo, and Allen Lewis. Counselor Cultural Competence: Facilitating Services for People with Disabilities in the United States. 2016.
- Alicia Becton, Jeremy Fischer, Noel Ysasi, Abdoulaye Diallo, and Yuleinys Castillo. "Predictors of Academic/Work Self-Concept among Latinos with Disabilities.," (2016).
- Abdoulaye Diallo, J. Braithwaite, G. Mamboleo, A. Tiwari, and M. Sharma. Use of live theater in changing attitudes toward persons with disabilities. Rehabilitation Counseling Bulletin, 2016.
- Abdoulaye Diallo. Fundamentals of Motivational Interviewing. 2015.
- George Mamboleo, Abdoulaye Diallo, R Ocharo, S Oire, and C Kampfe. "Socio-ecological influences of attitudes towards disability among Kenyan undergraduate students," Journal of Psychology in Africa. 25, no. 3 (2015): 216-223.
- Abdoulaye Diallo, Jason Popna, Jeremy Fischer, Alicia Brown, and Shawn Saladin. "Student engagement and personality.," Rehabilitation Counselors & Educators Journal 1, no. 8 (2015): 79-92.
- Abdoulaye Diallo, M Villarreal-Lamar, Jennifer Trejo, and Ysasi Noel. "The use of modified cognitive therapy to eliminate or reduce depression among persons with intellectual disability: A case study," Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. 7, no. 2 (2015): 1-6.
- Joseph Pete, Abdoulaye Diallo, Cahait Kaya, Jessica Brooks, M Allen, Jill Bezyak, and Fong Chan. "Vocational rehabilitation as a public health intervention for young African American men with substance use disorders. ," Journal of Vocational Rehabilitation 43, (2015): 149-157.
Selected Grants and Fellowships
- Abdoulaye Diallo. Rehabilitation Service Administration (RSA) Graduate Training, $1,000,000.00 (2016 - 2016)
- Abdoulaye Diallo. Research Fellow, Langston, ( 2014)
- Abdoulaye Diallo. Research Fellow, UTPA, ( 2014)
- Abdoulaye Diallo. "Employment for the HIV/AIDS and substance abuse population: Health benefit. NAMRC conference ," NAMRC, (2017)
- Antonio Aguirre, Belinda Rivas, and Abdoulaye Diallo. "Latinos with Substance Use Disorders: Vocational Outcomes Analysis & Comparison ," LU-RRTC State of the Science Conference, Langston University & Rehabilitation Research and Training Center, Atlanta Georgia (September 2017)
- Abdoulaye Diallo. "Family-Based Motivational Interviewing in Reducing substance abuse," Health Communities: Mental health, Substance Abuse and HIV Prevention Conference, (2016)
- Abdoulaye Diallo. "Mentoring Round Table for Student Outreach," NAMRC, NAMRC, (2016)
- Abdoulaye Diallo. "A novel family-based motivational interviewing approach in reducing/eliminating drug abuse: A focus on individuals from Mexican descent," NIDA, (2016)
- Abdoulaye Diallo, J Braithwaite, and C Charlton. "Panel Presentation: Use of the library and productivity," (2016)
- Abdoulaye Diallo and Sergio Cuevas. "Motivational Interviewing: Family systems. ," School of Rehabilitation Counseling and Services addiction Conference , School of Rehabilitation Counseling and Services/UTRGV, (2016)
- Belinda Rivas, Abdoulaye Diallo, and Antonio Aguirre. "VR Services for Latinos with Substance Use Disorders," NIDILRR Section 21 Capacity Building Meeting, Langston University, Washington DC (June 2016)
- Abdoulaye Diallo. "Family Based motivational Interviewing," International Journal of Art and Science, (2015)
- Abdoulaye Diallo, M Vaughn, R Chen, and A Brown. "Panel Presentation on getting published from junior professor, senior professor, and doctoral student perspectives," National Association of Multicultural Rehabilitation Concern, (July 2015)
- REHS 3320 90L - Family & Disability:
- Course Evaluations
- REHS 4310 02 - Rehabilitation Research:
- Course Evaluations
- REHS 6345 90L - Med Aspects of Disabl:
- Course Evaluations
SUMMER II 2018
SUMMER I 2018
SUMMER II 2017
SUMMER I 2017